IFCS 2013THIS CONFERENCE HAS ENDED; IT WAS A GREAT SUCCESS!
FOR THE SLIDES OF THE PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS, CLICK HERE.
THE BOOK OF ABSTRACTS OF THIS CONFERENCE IS AVAILABLE HERE.
Our thanks to everyone who participated, we hope you had a great time and hope to see you again at IFCS 2015!
THE 2015 IFCS CONFERENCE WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA. THE FLYER WITH THE CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT IS AVAILABLE HERE. SEE YOU IN BOLOGNA!
The 2013 conference of the International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS) was held at Tilburg University, The Netherlands from July 14 till July 17, 2013. The conference theme: `United through Ordination and Classification'.
On July 14, preconference workshops were held. The conference itself started on July 15, and closed on July 17 with a full conference program and conference dinner. The conference included a president's invited session and a presidential address, key note presentations, invited presentations, invited and contributed symposia and oral presentations.
The opening session featured the presentation of the Chikio Hayashi Awards, which are scientific prizes for young researchers with promising track records in the areas of classification and data analysis, as a support of their professional career; for 2013 the members of the Awards Committee were: Michel Wedel (chair), Edwin Diday, Sylvia Frühwirth-Schnatter and James Ramsay.
You can still download the conference flyer here.
- Peter Hall
- Tammo Bijmolt
- Isabelle Guyon
- Salvatore Ingrassia
- Anne-Laure Boulesteix
- Bernhard Ganter
- Klaas Sijtsma
- Surajit Ray
IFCS Member Societies:
- Associação Portuguesa de Classificação e Análise de Dados (CLAD)
- British Classification Society (BCS)
- The Classification Society (CS)
- Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl)
- Greek Society of Data Analysis (GSDA)
- Irish Pattern Recognition and Classification Society (IPRCS)
- Japanese Classification Society (JCS)
- Korean Classification Society (KCS)
- Sekcja Klasyfikacji i Analizy Danych PTS (SKAD)
- Sociedad Centroamericana y del Caribe de Clasificación y Análisis de Datos (SoCCCAD)
- Società Italiana di Statistica (SIS-CLADAG)
- Société Francophone de Classification (SFC)
- Statistièno društvo Slovenije (SdS)
- Vereniging voor Ordinatie en Classificatie (VOC)