Department of Philosophy
The Department is an inspiring and stimulating center for philosophical study and research in Tilburg, the Netherlands. Our undergraduate and graduate students are provided with first-rate expertise across, and thorough training in, a wide variety of philosophical fields ranging from logic, epistemology and philosophy of science to ethics, social, legal and political philosophy, philosophical anthropology and the philosophy of culture. All members of the department share a common interest in the relation between man, society and rationality. More >>
- Dr. Amanda Cawston (Assistant Professor) as of 1 January 2017
- Dr. Thomas Wells (Assistant Professor) as of 1 January 2017
- Dr. Sanem Yazıcıoğlu (Assistant Professor) as of 1 January 2017
- Dr. Michael Vlerick (Assistant Professor) as of 1 February 2017
- Dr. Caroline Harnacke (Assistant Professor) as of 1 March 2017
- Prof. Dr. Maureen Sie (Full Professor) as of 1 March 2017
Veni Awards NWO for promising researchers
Alfred Archer and Sander Verhaegh of the Department of Philosophy both have been awarded a Veni grant by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). The grant consists of a maximum of 250,000 euro and will enable them to conduct innovative research for three years.
Alfred Archer and Bart Engelen are going to participate in two major research initiatives funded by the John Templeton Foundation. The research project titled 'The Moral Psychology of Inequality and its Impact on Well-Being Principal' by Alan Thomas, Alfred Archer and Bart Engelen has been awarded by Saint Louis University grants on 'Happiness and Well-Being'. Their bid for a project on moral excellence in the research initiative 'The Beacon Project', directed by Wake Forrest University, has also been successful.