Sixth Biennial Conference, ECPR Standing Group on Regulatory Governance
Tilburg University, July 6-8, 2016
The Standing Group on Regulatory Governance of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) will hold its Sixth Biennial Conference, organized by Tilburg University, the Netherlands, from July 6 to 8, 2016.
Leading Interdisciplinary Conference
The Biennial Conference is the leading interdisciplinary conference on regulation and regulatory governance held in Europe, attracting researchers from all over the globe working in a wide range of disciplines including political science, law, accounting, business, sociology, economics, international relations, anthropology, public administration, and other related disciplines.
Conference highlights include the Giandomenico Majone Prize for the best conference paper by a junior member of the profession, the Standing Group Award for Regulatory Studies Development for recognizing contributions to the field of regulatory governance by senior scholars, as well as specialist panels, methods sessions, author meets critic sessions, keynote lectures, luncheon meetings and more.
Papers and Panel Topics
With this overarching theme in mind, the conference welcomes papers and panels addressing topics, including (but not limited to):
- Regulatory actors, networks and institutions
- Regulatory policy making and politics
- Regulatory enforcement and compliance
- Sector-specific regulation, including regulation of network industries
- Legitimacy, effectiveness, accountability, responsiveness, transparency and innovation of regulation and regulatory governance
- Regulatory governance in local, regional, national, transnational and global perspectives
- Risk regulation
- Collaborative regulatory governance, co-regulation, and self-regulation
- Regulation of novel and emerging technologies
- Data-based regulation and regulatory governance
- Evaluating and monitoring regulatory governance
Over the past decade the ECPR Standing Group on
Regulatory Governance’s biennial conference has established itself as the
leading forum for regulation and regulatory governance research in Europe. The
Standing Group’s past conferences in Barcelona (2014), Exeter (2012), Dublin (2010), Utrecht (2008), and Bath (2006) have
helped establish a strong European network of researchers working in the many
dimensions of regulatory governance.
Further details regarding the conference will be made available on this website shortly.
Until then, we kindly request that, for general information on the Standing Group’s activities, you consult the website of the ECPR Standing Group on Regulatory Governance.