Applied Social Psychology (Double degree)
Get the best of two outstanding universities and graduate with two degrees in applied social psychology: the MSc in Psychology from the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, and the MSc in Social Psychology from Tilburg University in the Netherlands. Enrich your major in Social Psychology with minors from management, Asian studies, sociology, economics or other applied fields.
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 20
National Alumni Survey 2017 | n=11
Times Higher Education Subject Ranking, 2019
Program and courses
Graduate with two full Master’s degrees from two outstanding universities:
- MSc in Psychology, awarded by Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
- MSc in Social Psychology, awarded by Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands
- Choose two out of four different tracks:
- Social Psychology or Cross-Cultural psychology at the Higher School of Economics
- Economic Psychology or Work and Organizational Psychology at Tilburg University
- An ultimate international experience by studying in Moscow for a year.
- Taught by world-renowned scholars in the field of social psychology at Higher School of Economics (Sh. Schwartz, J. Berry, N. Lebedeva) and at Tilburg University (F. van de Vijver, M. Zeelenberg, I. van Beest, and others).
Typical courses are:
- Theory and Methodology of Contemporary Psychology
- Social Influence
- Cross-cultural Psychology of Organizational behavior
- The Psychology of Negotiation
- Leadership and Organization
Olga SergeevaMaster's student
"My experience of a Double Degree resulted in two outstanding and invaluable years in Moscow Higher School of Economics (Russia) and Tilburg University. In addition to a modern and advanced education in Social and Economic psychology, I received great friends and discovered the world. I am grateful for this adventure that broadened my horizons and gave an impulse to a future career."
Work in positions at an academic level in research, communication, policy, consulting, human development, and organization development in private, semi-private, or governmental organizations.
- Conduct theoretical and applied research to advance academic knowledge in the areas of social, economic and work and organizational psychology.
- Contribute to various applied fields, being able to develop tools and interventions to solve practical problems in the areas of social, economic, and work and organizational psychology and to study the effectiveness of these solutions.
Graduates started, for example, as:
- Financial Economic Crime Coordinator at Rabobank
- Hair Brand Building Marketing Advisor at Unilever
- Market Researcher at Market research agency Ruigrok Netpanel
- Human Resource Manager at KPN
- Staff Consultant at Utrecht University
- Research Advisor at Driessen HRM
- Average number of months until first paid job is 4
- 65% of our alumni does find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income: €2,048
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 20
Admission and application
This program starts:
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (social) Psychology
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
First year (HSE):
320,000 RUB (*)
(*) Russian government and HSE scholarships and tuition fee waivers available. For more information, please check the HSE website.
Second year (Tilburg University):
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Virtual Open Week: February 25 - March 1
During our Virtual Open Week, from Monday February 25th until Friday March 1st, you have the opportunity to experience our international Bachelor’s and Master’s programs without having to travel to Tilburg or even leave the comfort of your home. The Virtual Open Week will offer topic-specific online information sessions - including information on studying in Holland, living in Tilburg and studying at Tilburg University - as well as live chat and a Q&A.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 6 April 2019 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
Interested in the Double degree in Applied Social Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application