Business Communication and Digital Media
Study how digital media affect communication between companies and their (potential) customers and other stakeholders. Consider the possibilities that these resources offer for internal communication. With a wide range of electives available to you, you can become an all-round communication specialist, or specialize yourself in marketing communication, internal communication or corporate communication. This is a track of MSc Communication and Information Sciences.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=50
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=35 (all tracks of Communication and Information Sciences)
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=36 (all tracks of Communication and Information Sciences)
Program and courses
With the MSc track Business Communication & Digital Media you will become an expert on communication issues in the area of business communications and digital media.
- Learn about the principles of modern marketing communications and how to analyze and manage social media interactions.
- Study the ways to improve the image of an organization, understand the impact of rapidly changing internet and digital media technologies on business communications, and find out how to make user-friendly websites or deal with conversations in the social media.
- Choose from a wide variety of electives in the field of Communication and Information Sciences. Become all-round or specialize yourself in the field of marketing communication, internal communication or corporate communication.
This is a track of MSc Communication and Information Sciences. You can choose to follow the main program or one of the tracks.
Typical courses are:
- Online Public Relations
- Corporate Social Responsibility Communication
- Social Media Marketing
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): MSc Communication and Information Sciences, Business Communication and Digital Media.
As a Master of Science with a specialization in Business Communication and Digital Media, you will be able to analyze internal and external communications, and to act as a consultant on social media marketing, marketing communications, branding, negotiation strategies, corporate social responsibility, webcare, and social media at work.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Business Developer Mobile at ABN AMRO
- Head of Campaign Strategy and Optimization at Blue Mango Interactive
- Team Lead Benelux at Google Marketing Solutions
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2,5
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 89%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2.310
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=35
Application and admission
This program starts:
At the end of August and at the end of January (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication & Information Sciences, Communication Studies, Linguistics, or a modern language.
- The academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Available for both Research University students and students of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Virtual Open Week: February 25 - March 1
During our Virtual Open Week, from Monday February 25th until Friday March 1st, you have the opportunity to experience our international Bachelor’s and Master’s programs without having to travel to Tilburg or even leave the comfort of your home. The Virtual Open Week will offer topic-specific online information sessions - including information on studying in Holland, living in Tilburg and studying at Tilburg University - as well as live chat and a Q&A.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 6 April 2019 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
Interested in the Business Communication and Digital Media track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application