Are you fascinated by religion and by Christianity in particular? Have you ever wondered what the impact of Christianity is on society, or how society influences Christianity? Would you like to study this topic in depth with students from around the world? Then Christianity and Society is the program for you!
Learn how Christianity influences law, politics, economics, modern art, science, and world religions
In this program you will learn how Christianity influences law, politics, economics, modern art, science, and world religions. At the same time, you will study the effects that society has on the history, sociology and theology of the Christian faith. In this way, Christianity and society mutually shape and guide each other, with implications for the lives of people everywhere in the world.
Why the Master's program in Christianity and Society in Tilburg?
- Expert knowledge of highly qualified lecturers, 50 percent of whom are full professors.
- Multidisciplinary program taught by theologians, sociologists, economists, law specialists and philosophers.
- Small classes (on average 5-10 students), allowing for individual attention and personal contact with fellow students and teachers.
- International classroom with students from various countries, religions and academic backgrounds, ensuring a lively and balanced dialogue.
During this program you will become adept at:
- high-level philosophical questioning and debating;
- analyzing and reflecting on current theological and societal issues;
- understanding and solving problems in multidisciplinary contexts;
- writing clear academic papers and presenting them to an audience; and
- working in a self-directed and independent way.
Upon graduation, you will be an expert on the relations between Christianity and society in multiple fields of study.
- You will be able to use your expertise in advisory or management roles in religious organizations and churches, in government organizations and in NGOs.
- You will also be able to apply your academic knowledge in the fields of media, politics and economic relations.
Lower tuition fees and all academic disciplines are eligible
- Students from all academic disciplines or backgrounds can apply for this Master’s program, provided that you have successfully completed your Bachelor's degree at an accredited research university.
- Students who do not hold a Bachelor’s degree from a research university can apply for a six-month pre-Master’s program taught in English.
- Christianity and Society has lower tuition fees than other Master’s programs at Tilburg University.
- Moreover, partial scholarships are available to encourage students from all economic backgrounds to participate in this graduate program.
The Master's program in Christianity and Society in short
Check the courses and program structure
Check the admission requirements and application procedure
students with a Bachelor's degree from a university of
applied sciences (or Dutch hbo)
The part-time program will take two years
in government organizations and NGOs. Advisory roles
in the fields of media, politics and economic relations.
More about the career perspectives
Other Master's programs related to Christianity and Society
- Theology (in Dutch)
- Universitaire Lerarenopleiding Godsdienst en Levensbeschouwing (in Dutch)