Communication and Information Sciences
Learn how people acquire and transfer information, and how means of communication can be used innovatively and effectively. You can choose freely from among an extensive list of courses from the tracks of Business Communication and Digital Media, Communication and Cognition, Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence, and New Media Design.
National Alumni Survey 2016 | n=36
National Alumni Survey 2016 | n=35
National Alumni Survey 2016 | n=34
Program and courses
Study the broad concept of communication from many perspectives, including those of linguistics, cognitive and social psychology, computational modeling and document design.
- The combination of approaches and research traditions enables you to work as a communication expert in various fields, including education, research, or the business sector.
- Choose freely from among an extensive list of courses from the tracks of Business Communication and Digital Media, Communication and Cognition, New Media Design, and Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence and to create your own Master’s program.
Typical courses are:
- Negotiation Strategies
- Computer Games, and Digital Storytelling
- Mobile Media & Society
- Social Media Marketing
Miscommunication & Emotion
A Master's degree in Communication and Information Sciences opens a broad range of career paths in business, research, and education. You will be able to analyze and consult on internal and external communications, or you can start your career as an academic researcher in this field. Remember that these opportunities are worldwide, because your studies are internationally-oriented.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Internal Communications Benelux at Unilever
- Specialist Marketing Resource Management at Rabo Bank
- Key Account Manager Wholesale at Redbull
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.5
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 89%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: EUR 2,310
Source: National Alumni Survey 2016 | N = 35
Admission and Application
This program starts:
At the end of August and at the end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication & Information Sciences, Communication Studies, Linguistics, or a modern language.
- The academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice!
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 16 November 2019 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Communication and Information Sciences?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application