Research Master in Individual Differences and Assessment
Become a research expert in the area of individual differences and assessment, such as personality, character, and temperament. And study how such differences affect people's lives in the domains of work and health. The Research Master is an excellent preparation for a PhD or a career in applied research, for example, in the domains of human resources, health policy, or management.
Research Center "Education and Labor Market"
Dutch government (Peaks in Sight, p.9)
Program and courses
Acquire deep knowledge about the biological correlates and development of individual differences, and how these differences affect people's lives in the domains of work and health. Become an expert in an academic discipline with great societal relevance and impact (e.g., human resource management, health promotion). Enrich your methodological toolbox with powerful and sophisticated statistical and programming skills.
- Put your knowledge into practice during traineeships, at home or abroad, writing two academic papers as part of the curriculum.
- Become optimally prepared for further studies or job opportunities in science after graduation, such as PhD student or applied researcher.
Typical courses are:
- Theoretical Models of Individual Differences
- Dynamics of Individual Differences
- Biological and Physiological Correlates of Individual Differences
- Psychometrics: Measurement of Individual Differences
The Research Master in Individual Differences and Assessment is an excellent preparation for a PhD or a career in applied research. Your career prospects are excellent.
- The "Education and Labor Market" Research Center follows Dutch students after they finish their education and has found that 94% of former Researcher Master students find a job within 1.5 years (source: www.kiesjestudie.nl).
- A recent report from the Dutch government found that more than half of Research Master graduates secure a job as a PhD student (source: Peaks in Sight, p. 9).
- Get a research position in applied fields, for example, as a policy researcher and advisor or human resources and management consultant.
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Human Resource Studies
- Methodology and Statistics
- Social Sciences
The one-year (60 ECTS) Pre-Master’s program in Human Resource Studies provides access if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor’s degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500 | € 2,060 including waiver**|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
** Excellent non-EU/EEA students will be granted a tuition fee waiver up to the EU/EEA fee.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
Interested in the Research Master in Individual Differences and Assessment?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application