LLM International Business Law
Do you ambition a fascinating career as a professional business lawyer, an in-house counsel of corporations, or a career in academic research in the field of business Law? The Master's program in International Business Law combines quality theory with a distinctly practical real-world approach - offering you an outstanding preparation for a legal career in the international business arena.
Real-world approach of law in an international business arena
Our goal is to ensure you are prepared to handle the challenges regularly faced by business lawyers in their day-to-day practice. As such, case studies form an important part of learning. Take part in simulated real-life deal negotiation situations, also developing skills on the areas of research, argumentation, communication, analysis, and teamwork.
The program provides you with an integrated knowledge of law and jurisdiction, along with neighboring academic disciplines, particularly economics. Develop your knowledge in key subjects of business law, commercial law, competition law, and economic regulation. All with broad awareness of social and economic contexts regarding global business problems, to apply a critical and objective stance towards the law and your responsibilities as a business professional.
Why the Master's program in International Business Law in Tilburg?
Theory meets Real World
- Theory integrated with practice, offering you a legal education that is both grounded in theory and infused with practical knowledge and experience. Your expertise in comparative law and economics analysis will be tailored for real-world application.
- A multi-disciplinary approach ensures you understand the full range of legal, social and economic aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions.
- A framework for value-added contracting solutions enables you to draft the legal documents that bring predictable results and reduce risks, claims and litigation.
Internationally reputed, senior law lecturers
- The core team consists of senior, internationally-reputed law lecturers affiliated to the Tilburg Law School, as well as the Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC) and the Center for Company Law (CCL). These academics are widely published in the top academic journals in the fields of corporate law, finance, international business law, and competition law.
- Some of the world's top experts from universities in Japan, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States amongst others, give guest lectures at Tilburg University and share their ideas and developments in the arena of International Business Law.
- The opportunity to attend a summer school program addressing European Business Law at the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf, a joint project of the Faculty of Law of the Heinrich Heine University, the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) of Herzliya, and the Department of Business Law. Collaborate and compete with peers, lecturers and staff from other universities in a collegiate and intellectually-stimulating environment.
- The master International Business Law welcomes a great diversity in nationalities from all over the world. This offers a new and broader perspective for you as a person and it is a unique preparation for your future career.
The Master's program in International Business Law in short
|Start||End of August|
|Duration||One year (12 months). Check the courses and program structure|
|Title||Master of Laws (LLM)|
|Costs||Tuition fees and scholarships|
|Best preparatory Bachelor's||Bachelor in Law or equivalent. Check the admission requirements and application procedure|
|Deadlines for admission||September 2017 intake|
|Non-EU/EEA students: April 1, 2017|
|EU/EEA students: July 1, 2017|
|Dutch students: August 1, 2017|
|After graduation||International roles as professional business lawyer, in-house counsel of corporations, or a career in academic research. More about the career perspectives|
|More information||Contact us, visit the Master's Information evening or get a personalized brochure|