In the Research Master's track in Tax Economics you learn valuable knowledge in economic-based fundamental theories of taxation, behavioral
theories, principles of accounting and empirical methods and their statistical
foundation. Besides, the program equips you with the necessary skills to
conduct top level research, such as the use of econometric software and write
any piece of academic work. With your understanding on how tax and economic
considerations relate, you are optimally prepared for a career in academia
Learn to conduct cutting-edge research in Tax Economics
- Lectures serve to highlight the main points, assisting you in gaining a better knowledge and understanding of the course's subjects, as well as to offer directives for gaining more specialized in-depth knowledge of the course's subject, for example by self-education.
- Tutorials provide you with a more extensive illustration of the topics discussed during lectures, and further provide you with feedback on how well you master the subjects.
- Interactive lectures are used in those cases where the course's objectives go beyond those offered by regular textbooks and theories, e.g. a high-detail discussion of a particular topic.
Why the CentER Research Master's track in Tax Economics?
- Taught by internationally renowned researchers
belonging to the faculty of CentER and Fiscal Institute Tilburg, and by
excellent scholars invited from abroad.
- At the end of the research master you
will have become passionate about research.
- Whether you pursue a career in academia or business, the research master of accounting offers you a world class preparation to pursue either career.
Prof. mr. Eric Kemmeren
"This program is tailor-made for students who want to do cutting-edge research in respect to business economics-based fundamental theories of taxation, and have the ambition to continue afterwards with a PhD study on the crossing of taxation and business economics."
The Research Master's track in Tax Economics in short
career in a (international) research-based environment
More information about the courses and the program structure
will become available in the study guide
*A reduction to 1 year of doctoral course work is possible for
people with 1 or 2 relevant MSc degrees with excellent grades
Check the admission requirements and application procedure
at either Tilburg University or another university.
- 25% of the graduates start a professional career,
mostly in the consultancy or financial sector.
More about the career perspectives