For the academic year 2015-2016 Tilburg University has 6 scholarships available for international students-athletes who are admitted to a Bachelor or Master's program at Tilburg University, and play Field Hockey for a Hoofdklasse (highest league) team in the Netherlands.
The Tilburg University Hockey Scholarship includes:
- A scholarship of € 750-1250 (depending on application)
To qualify for a Tilburg University Hockey Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to a Bachelor or Master's program:
- Candidates must have obtained at least 36 ects in the year they are applying for the Hockey Scholarship
- Candidates must be playing for a Hoofdklasse team (male or female)
- Candidates will apply at the Top Sport Coordinator of Tilburg University
On the basis of the following selection criteria, the Top Sport Coordinator will select the recipients of the Hockey Scholarship:
- The academic results in the relevant program (minimum of 36 ECTS)
- Funding is limited, with too many applicants excellence (in sports and academics) can be a criteria
- Proof of being part of a Hoofdklasse Hockey team.
Tilburg University strives for a balanced participation in terms of nationality.
Tilburg University Hockey Scholarships are awarded for one academic year, and can only be applied for afterwards.
To apply for a Tilburg University Hockey Scholarship you should:
- Be selected for a Hoofdklasse hockey team
- Be enrolled in either a Bachelor of Master program at Tilburg University
- Put in a request at Tilburg University for a Hockey Scholarship (at Top Sports Coordinator)
- Fill out and turn in the application form provided by the Top Sport Coordinator
What happens next?
All Tilburg University Hockey Scholarship applicants will be informed about the outcome of the scholarship request by the Top Sport Coordinator within 2 week after applying. Please note that the Top Sport Coordinator can receive more applications than it has grants, which can mean only a number of applicants will receive financial support.