European Post-Master Accountancy program
The three-year program EPMA program to become Registered Accountant (RA) in the Netherlands (CPA on demand) combines international experience with a highly interactive and innovative curriculum. Classes are given in three profoundly different parts of Europe (Netherlands, Romania and Spain) in the relatively quiet periods of November, May and July.
EPMA - Tilburg University
Key facts about our program:
- Three-year program to become Registered Accountant (RA) in the Netherlands
- Cultural experience, classes are given in three profoundly different parts of Europe (Netherlands, Romania and Spain). In the seminars abroad office visits are part of the program.
- Seminars are scheduled in relatively quiet periods: November, May, and July, no study related time is planned in the busy season of January-April
- High quality faculty which mainly consists of professors and highly experienced practitioners.
- Innovative curriculum as well as contemporary teaching methods.
- The program and employers are selective toward potential students.
- The model of one- or two-week uninterrupted blocks instead of weekly classes on Fridays leads to a better balance between study and work and it allows students who live abroad to participate without having to give up their jobs
- Two official certifications: RA (the Dutch certification) and on-demand the CPA (The US Certified Public Accountant).
- Small groups of 25 students at a maximum and personal attention by faculty, management and supporting staff.
- Highly interactive classes with a high level of discussion.
- A great contribution to your network.
- Training in English business language proficiency.
In the schedule below you find a quick overview on the structure and agenda of the EPMA program. More questions about the program? Look at our introduction video on this site or contact the EPMA program office.
|Courses and ECTS points||ECTS points|
|Internal control and Accounting Informations Systems ICAIS||21|
|Auditing &Assurance A&A||21|
|Financial Reporting FR||15|
|Behavior, Ethics and Decision making||3|
Corporate Law and Tax Law are deficiency courses that are embedded in the curriculum. These are only mandatory for students who do not have the required previously acquired competencies in these fields. Therefore the total # ECTS does not contain these courses. Students who do have previously acquired competencies in these fields are not required to attend classes nor participate in the exams. However, we strongly recommend to attend classes anyhow since laws and regulations frequently change.
* In year 3 six days will be spent on CPA training and exam. The CPA training is not part of the regular EPMA curriculum. This training will be given in the USA (Chicago, IL). An additional tuition fee of € 5.000,- applies.
Each year the program starts in November. Under conditions it is possible to start in May.
|Calendar year||Year in program||Month||Venue||Dates|
|2017||1||November||Tilburg||13-25 November 2017|
|2018||1||May||Bucharest||14-19 May 2018|
|1||July||Valencia||9-14 July 2018|
|2||November||Tilburg||12-24 November 2018|
|2019||2||May||Bucharest||13-18 May 2019|
|2||July||Valencia||8-13 July 2019|
|3||November||Tilburg||11-23 November 2019|
|2020||May||Tilburg/Bucharest||11-16 May 2020|
|July||Tilburg/Valencia||6-11 July 2020|
|November||Tilburg||14-26 November 2020|
|2021||May||Tilburg/Bucharest||17-22 May 2021|
|July||Tilburg/Valencia||12-17 July 2021|
|November||Tilburg||8-13 November 2021|