Religion, Peace & Non-Violence: The Case of Catholicism
Learn firsthand how religion contributes equally to peace and war. In this one-week summer intensive you will learn to distinguish between several levels of non-violence, receive training in ‘value focused interviewing’, and conduct live interviews with international key-figures who promote non-violence worldwide.
This course gives you:
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts of Just War, Just Peace and Non-Violence;
- The ability to compare these concepts and seek for synthetic approaches;
- Understanding of the way society and the state deal with aggression, violence and war;
- Insights into the ways that a world religion can be understood as a factor of both violence and peace.
You will develop the skills needed to:
- Conduct ‘value based interviews’ and assess the information you receive from those interviewed;
- Present your findings to an audience comprised of professionals.
Application and registration
Do you want to register for Tilburg University Summer School 2019?
The deadline for registration is May 31, 2019. Register for an academic course before March 31, 2019 and receive a 10% early bird discount!