Operations Research and Management Science
Specialize in optimizing company decisions by using quantitative models and methods
Are you interested in mathematics? Do you want to specialize in solving the most complex decision problems, from supply chain optimization to inventory management and from donor kidney allocation to train scheduling, by using mathematical models and methods? Then the Master's program in Operations Research and Management Science is the right program for you.
Apply the theory in practice, and learn to communicate efficiently with decision makers
This program teaches generic mathematical models and methods that allow you to solve contemporary decision problems in a wide variety of applications. Examples from logistics include vehicle routing, supply chain optimization, and inventory management. But there are many other applications, such as donor kidney allocation and optimizing tumor treatment plans in the medical field, or dike height optimization and train scheduling in the public sector.
Because Operations Research and Management Science is predominantly an applied field, you will also develop the skills to successfully apply the theory in practice, and to communicate efficiently with the decision makers.
A Tilburg University Master's program in Operations Research and Management Science offers you:
- A degree qualification held in high regard by international organizations that increasingly depend on quantitative methods to support their operations, logistics and supply chain management decision-making.
- Excellent career perspectives: The Master's program in Operations Research and Management Science is one of the programs with the best career prospects. Modern developments such as Big Data and Business Analytics have increased the already high demand for specialists in Operations Research and Management Science.
- Relevant, real-world learning where the emphasis is on solving actual business problems and turning managerial ideas into concrete system specifications, whether it is during in-class exercises or while on an internship in a company.
- OR Mastermind: offers you an inside in real business cases, discussions on the new trends in the Operations Research and Management Science field and the opportunity to get in touch with companies and to explore the labour market.
- Taught by teachers and supervisors that are leading experts in this field from the world-class Tilburg School of Economics and Management. You not only learn to apply existing techniques to solve industry problems but get to develop your own.
- Small class-sizes giving you more quality time with approachable and supportive professors and closer interaction with your classmates.
Operations Research and Management Science in short
|Start||End of August and end of January|
|Duration||One year. More about the courses and program structure|
|Title||Master of Science (MSc)|
|Best preparatory Bachelor’s programs||Econometrics and Operations Research. More about the admission requirements and application procedure|
|Pre-Master's program||Yes, for university graduates only|
|After graduation||Operations Research, logistics or general consulting firm; Operations Research or logistics departments of companies; Companies developing logistics software; PhD track. More about the career perspectives|
|Rankings||#1 in the Netherlands and #10 in Europe in Economics & Econometrics - QS World University Rankings|
|#7 in Europe in Economics & Business - Academic Ranking of World Universities|