The CTLD favours a network-model for the organization of scientific research. This means that cooperation in research is not restricted to members of the research group. Cooperation with researchers from other groups, faculties and universities - in The Netherlands as well as abroad - is actively encouraged.
Within the Netherlands, the CTLD has special relations with:
- Netherlands School for Research in Practical Philosophy
- School of Human Rights Research
- Tilburg Law and Economics Center
- T.M.C. Asser Institute
- The Centre for Law, Administration and Society of the University of Groningen
- The Centre for Migration Law of Nijmegen University
At the international level, there is cooperation with - amongst others - researchers from the Universities of Aberdeen, Caledonia, Cambridge, Catania, Chicago, Connecticut, Edinburgh, Essex, Firenze, Georgetown, Harvard, Leeds, Leuven, Louvain-la-Neuve, Maryland, Minnesota and St. Andrews, and with the London School of Economics. For more details, see the section on Institutional context and international co-operation of the 2005-2009 programme.