6th Winter Conference on Financial IntermediationLenzerheide, Switzerland
25 - 27 February, 2013
The conference will be jointly organized in cooperation with the European Banking Center, the CEPR and the University of St. Gallen.
Keynote speaker: David Thesmar (HEC Paris and CEPR)
For a more detailed overview please click.
- Jose Liberti, De Paul University
The Anatomy of a Credit Supply Shock: Evidence from an Internal Credit Market
- Ander Perez, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Credit Lines as Monitored Liquidity Insurance: Theory and Evidence
- Sascha Steffen, ESMT
Syndication, Interconnectedness, and Systemic Risk
- Consuelo Silva-Buston, Tilburg University
Active Risk Management and Banking Stability
- Diana Bonfim, Banco de Portugal
Liquidity risk in banking: is there herding?
- Nicola Gennaioli, Universitá Bocconi
- Dion Bongaerts, Erasmus University Rotterdam
Can Alternative models discipline credit rating agencies?
- Matthias Schaller, University of St. Gallen
Information or Insurance? On the Role of Loan Officer Discretion in Credit Assessment
- Enrico Sette, Banca D'Italia
Credit Supply During a Sovereign Crisis
- Lev Ratnovski, International Monetary Fund
Banking and Trading
- Florian Heider, European Central Bank
A Theory of Bank Liquidity Bank Liquidity Requirements
Further informationThe conference will be held at the Hotel Schweizerhof in the mountain resort of Lenzerheide.
The program starts Monday morning at 08:00 and ends Wednesday at noon. Due to capacity constraints, preference will be given to participants who can stay for the whole duration of the conference. Participants should plan to arrive Sunday evening and leave Wednesday afternoon. A block-reservation has been made by the organisers at the Hotel Schweizerhof at very preferential rates. The European Banking Center (Tilburg University) and the Swiss National Bank will sponsor the opening reception and meals during the conference. There will be around ten papers and discussions, leaving ample time for reflection and outdoor activities. Besides skiing, Lenzerheide is a very attractive resort for winter-hiking, sledging or just relaxing.
Program Committee :
- Arnoud Boot (Amsterdam & CEPR)
- Martin Brown (University of St. Gallen): Local organiser
- Liam Brunt (NHH & CEPR)
- Hans Degryse (KU Leuven, Tilburg & CEPR): Program chair
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia (IMF & CEPR)
- Vasso Ioannidou (Tilburg)
- Charles Kahn (Illinois at Urbana Champaign)
- Steven Ongena (Tilburg & CEPR)
- Marco Pagano (Naples & CEPR)
- Rajdeep Sengupta (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis)
- Greg Udell (Indiana University)
- Lucy White (Harvard Business School & CEPR)
There is no conference fee but participants must cover their own travel and accommodation costs.