Students application and admission
The Outreaching Honors Program is open to a maximum of 50 students, who should show a strong motivation to participate in the Outreaching Honors Program. Bachelor students with good study results are invited to apply for the Outreaching Honors Program
Students will be admitted to the program based on:
- The application documents
- The minimal admission requirements
- The evaluation of the Essay written in English and the language test
on August 22, 2014
Minimal admission requirements:
- Bachelor students of any of the programs of Tilburg University
- With a fully completed first year (60 ECTS)
- An average grade of at least 7.0
The application and selection process can be divided into three steps If you expect to meet all the admission requirements, you apply by:
Step1: Form and Upload
Filling in the online application form and uploading one (1) document including:
- A recent CV (in English) Please inform us in your CV about your (current) week-planning (e.g. time spent for studies, jobs, hobbies etc.)
- A recent photograph of yourself
- A print screen of your current study results
- An aspiration letter (in English).
Please inform us in your aspiration letter (of 500-750 words) what you wish to achieve in your professional life; How you think you can realize this? Where will we find you in 10/20/30 years from now?
Reflect on which competencies are strong and which competencies need further development in order to realize your aspirations. And reflect on how this professional ambition relates to your preferred personal life style
The application deadline is the June 15, 2014 24.00h.
Step 2: Essay and English proficiency test
After receiving your application form and the complete set of required documents, Tilburg University will send you a confirmation by e-mail and later an invitation for an English test and to write a societal engaged essay in English of 1500-2000 words on:
August 22, 2014
- Language test 9:45h-11:30h in GZ106
- Essay 12:00h-15:00h in GZ101
The English test consists of three topics: Vocabulary, Reading & Text Structure, and Grammar. After the test, you receive a score and an indication of your level. The feedback will tell what you can do to improve your English.
Step 3: Selection procedure
The Outreaching Honors Program will start the selection procedure by evaluating your application and essay, based on your study results per the 1st of August 2014. We strive to send you an email about potential admission at the beginning of September 2014.
If selected you will be invited to the Kick Off weekend planned at Tilburg University and an external location (dates will follow).
Best of luck!