Are you a(n) (international) student looking for job opportunities or an internship? LinkedIn is an effective social media tool, enhancing your career opportunities in different ways.
LinkedIn helps you to find interesting people, jobs and other opportunities that you wouldn’t get in contact with any other way. It can help you in familiarizing yourself with a vacancy or potential employer; you increase your chances on the labor market. On the other hand, LinkedIn helps you being found. With a state-of-the-art profile, your chances to be found by a potential employer are much higher. But how do you use LinkedIn in a professional way? How does it work? How can you make a suitable personal profile for yourself? How do you show your specialties and competencies on LinkedIn? In this workshop you will receive the answers and you are going to practice on the computer with your own personal profile!
Please note: We will not look for a job or internship for you.
What do you learn?
At the end of this info session
- You have received tips for an excellent personal profile on LinkedIn
- You will know how to use LinkedIn in a professional way:
- How to find a job
- How to find and connect with interesting people and companies (in your network)
- How to become an (active) member of a group
What do we expect from you?
- Please, be sure you have made a (basic) personal profile on LinkedIn before you participate in this workshop. For more information see the checklist. Send an e-mail with the link to your personal LinkedIn-page to the trainer. Please do so no later than 5 workdays before the workshop.
- Please bring your own laptop to the workshop.
(International) students in the final stage of their studies and recent graduates who would like to know more about the use of LinkedIn (for example related to finding a job or an internship.)
Please note: This is a workshop for beginners. Come to the CV checks if you already know how LinkedIn works. You will get a tailer made advise! Every Monday from 13:00 to 14:00 hrs and every Wednesday from 10:00 to 11:00 hrs, there is a drop-in consultation at the Student Desk (A301, route 14).
|When?||Wednesday 29 June from 9.00 - 12.00 hrs FULL!|
|Trainer||Chantal van Erp, career coach|
|Number of participants||Minimum of 8, maximum 12|
You can register here.
After sending the registration form, you will be notified as soon as possible about your registration.