In order to use the Tilburg University facilities at home it can be
necessary to install special software. Below you'll find an overview of
software that can be downloaded for free.
Microsoft Office for free
Students and staff can install Microsoft Office for private use for free. How to install MS Office for free:
- Go to www.office.com/getoffice365 and click the green bar with the text 'find out if you're eligable'.
- Then you will be asked to enter your e-mail address. Please fill in your e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A few minutes later, you will receive an e-mail with a link at the address you specified. Click on the link and register with your name , last name and password.
- You are ready to install Office.
- Office can also be installed later via portal.office.com
Please note! This service is provided and managed by Microsoft. You enter into a contract with Microsoft for this purpose. Carefully read the terms and conditions before you decide whether you agree. Do not use this environment for your work. For guaranteed safe storage of documents, employees are advised to use SURFdrive.
Software, hardware and online services with a discount
SURFspot is the ultimate non-profit ICT online store that offers special educational discounts on software, cloud services and hardwar to students and staff of Dutch higher education institutions. Visit www.surfspot.nl for more information.