Gaining work experience by doing an internship
Doing an internship gives you work experience and is regarded by employers as a valuable supplement to your degree program. In addition, it helps you find out whether that job or organization is really as enjoyable and right for you as you thought it was. During an internship, you gain a lot of practical knowledge while also and especially developing your skills and personal competencies. These are the selection criteria, in addition to the right degree program, that employers find important.
Possibilities and conditions per school
The possibilities and conditions for internships differ from one school to another. Contact the education office of your school more information about your options.
- Tilburg School of Humanities
- Tilburg School of Economics and Management
- Tilburg School of Catholic Theology
- Tilburg Law School
- Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Finding an internship
There are various ways to find an internship post. You can use your own network or, for example, approach lecturers. Various lecturers, in addition to their post at the university, also work in the business sector or for a non-profit organization. The following websites can help you in your search for an internship post (websites will open in a new screen and are in Dutch , unless mentioned otherwise):
- Career Portal: digital marketplace of Tilburg University for internships, among other things.
- Integrand (English): offers internships in the Netherlands at a wide range of organizations, from local companies to multinationals.
- AIESEC (English): offers international (summer) internships and projects in 110 countries.
- Kennisklik: for internships, thesis and work assignments at SMEs and non-profit organizations in the region.
- Studentenbureau: can help you find internships, part time jobs and final projects.
- Stageplaza:acts as an intermediary between intern and employer.
- Studentenvacaturebank: a vacancy site for internships in the Netherlands.
- Universitaire stages: a vacancy site for internships and jobs.
- Stagetoppers: a vacancy site for internships.
- Stagemotor: a vacancy site for internships and final projects.
- Duurzame stagebank (English): a vacancy site for internships where the internship assignment focuses on corporate social responsibility and/or sustainability.
Are you looking for a job or internship in the Netherlands and you don't speak Dutch? Then visit English language vacancies and internships.
Tilburg University is not responsible for the content of external websites.