Tilburg University is home to a whole range of student associations and societies. They are a great way to meet like-minded students and make friends. There are organizations for arts and culture, sports, student politics and philosophy as well as study-related associations. You will also find organizations aimed specifically at international students which organize all kinds of social activities. We believe that student associations provide the ideal opportunity for every student to develop non-academic skills and talents.
Please find an overview of Tilburg University's student associations below:
Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Faculty Association Asset is the umbrella association for all economic students of Tilburg University. It offers both social and career events, such like the Economic Business weeks Tilburg, the Asset In-house Days and the Asset Conference. Furthermore Asset consists of seven departments who offer services for their specific study.
- Asset | Account & Finance aims at finance, accountancy and controlling.
- Asset | Econometrics serves the bachelor in Econometrics and the masters QF/AS, OR/MS, EME and MR.
- Asset | Economics serves the bachelor in Economics.
- Asset | International Business & Manangement serve the students of the bachelor study program International Business Administration and the master study program International Management.
- Asset | Marketing is for all students interested in Marketing, Marketing Research and Communication.
- Asset | SBIT serves Bachelor’s students ‘Economie en Informatica’ and (pre-)Master’s students Information Management.
- Asset | Strategy & Logistics targets students of Tilburg University who are interested in the field of Strategy and/or Logistics.
Students Fiscal Economics can become a member of the 'De Smeetskring'.
Tilburg Law School
Student society Magister offers study-related social activities that focus on criminal law, civil law, law and management, law and technology and international and European law. Magister publishes the school magazine four times per year, and offers a 10% discount on books. The student council is also a part of Magister.
A volunteer organization that provides free legal assistance to those
who need it but are not capable of paying for it themselves is ‘De Rechtswinkel' (‘legal shop’).
Tilburg tax consultant society De Smeetskring is het student society for tax law students at Tilburg Law School.
ELSA is short for European Law Students’ Association: a student society for law students that operates all throughout Europe. Student society for legal history, De Vierschaar, exists both for students and teachers. Any aspect of legal history is associated with it. The Tilburg Law Review is a legal magazine that is published quarterly. Editors include students and teachers of Tilburg Law School.
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Every Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences program has its own student association. These associations managed entirely by students and have the aim to make the student life cozy ((get-togethers, parties, study tours) and challenging (symposia, congresses). Are you interested? For more information you can visit the websites of the student associations:
- Complex (Psychologie)
- Polis (Organisatiewetenschappen)
- Input (Personeelwetenschappen)
- Versot (Sociologie)
Tilburg School of Humanities
TSH has five Student associations:
Student sports associations
In the Netherlands, sports competitions are generally organized by sports associations and federations. This is also the case at the Sports Center. Both training and competition matches in over twenty sports are run by the relevant sports associations.
Federation of Student Sports Tilburg represents the interests of all Sports pass holders.