Planning an internship
Planning an internship in a foreign country can seem a little confusing – where should you start? Which sectors should you look into? However, it is certainly worth considering – there are thousands of internships abroad, varying from a month to a whole year, depending on what you are looking for!
The following questions will help you to orient yourself better when choosing the type and duration of your internship:
- Why do you want to do an internship? What is your goal? What will you gain from it?
- Where do you want to do an internship: in which sector/company/country?
- When do you want to do an internship: during your Bachelor’s/Pre-Master’s/Master’s studies, or do you want to get involved during summer holidays?
- Do you want to follow a part-time or a full-time internship?
- Are you looking for a practice-oriented internship or a research internship?
- Does your internship correspond with your study program at Tilburg University and is it in line with your career plans?
- Are you looking for a paid/non-paid internship at a commercial/multinational/non-profit organization?
- Will an internship be a part of your graduation assignment, or do you want to do it alongside your studies?
- Will you earn ECTS credits for completing your internship? Will these ECTS credits be included on your graduation diploma?
- What level of linguistic ability is expected from you?
- Do you need to arrange a (working) visa/health insurance for an internship overseas?