Research abroad

It is possible to carry out research abroad as part of your Bachelor’s or Master’s program. In most cases, this means that you will collect your research data abroad, complete an internship abroad as part of your Master’s thesis or write your thesis at a (partner) university abroad under the joint supervision of a lecturer at Tilburg University and the host university. You will often face a delay in your studies and practical problems such as finding the support you need while you are abroad (as well as at Tilburg University). Unfortunately, the study abroad advisor is not able to find you a research project abroad; you will have to do most of the work yourself.

If you would like to go abroad and your research subject is suitable for this, talk to the coordinator of the (Master’s) thesis and your supervisor (if you have already been assigned one). You will need to start preparing and write your IOV (individual research proposal) as early as possible, so it will have to clear at a very early stage whether going abroad is a practical possibility.

Once you have arranged your research project abroad, you can apply for financial support. Then you will have to apply as a ‘freemover’ student and use the same application form as exchange students do.

Mail a friend

What is the answer for five plus seven

Mail us your feedback

What is the answer for five plus seven