Central Desk Disputes and complaints

There are a number of options open to you if you wish to make a complaint or object to a particular decision taken by a university authority. On this page of the Central desk for Disputes and Complaints, which is created on the basis of Article 7.59 of the WHW (the law about higher education and scientific research), you will find information about lodging an appeal or objection or file a complaint. If you are registered at Tilburg University, you can file your objection, appeal or complaint on line on this we site.


It is preferable that you take the informal route by talking to the person responsible for the problem and trying to find a satisfactory solution together. An academic advisor or student counsellor can offer advice or assistance with this. He or she can also act as a mediator if you prefer not to enter into a direct conversation with the person.


There are also formal procedures which can be taken. These include lodging an official complaint or submitting a letter of objection.

  • Complaint
    • You can submit an official complaint about the course of events at Tilburg University on line on this site. For example, you are not satisfied with the behavior of an individual teacher or employee or the quality of services provided.
    • If there is a group of students with the same complaint, please submit a joint complaint on behalf of the whole group rather than a series of individual complaints.
    • We strongly recommend informing the Programme Committee or Faculty Council if you have any complaints regarding courses and tuition, especially if you are not the only student who feels strongly about the matter. It is worth bearing in mind that there are a number of student participation committees that represent student interests in particular.

    More information about filing a complaint.

  • Appeal: Examinations Appeal Board (CBE)
    You can appeal against all written decisions made by examining boards and examiners concerning among others examination results, exemptions, special examination arrangements, admission to examinations, binding study advice, results of the university entrance examinations and mandatory recommendations. More information about lodging an appeal.

  • Objection: Objections and Appeals Advisory Committee (CABB)
    If you do not agree with a decision taken by or on behalf of the Executive Board, you can bring an objection against it. For example you don't agree with the rate of the tuition fee or the refusal to support you financially according to the regulations. Your letter of objection will be sent to the Objections and Appeals Advisory Committee (CABB), which advices the Exectutive Board about the decision to be taken on the objection. More information about lodging an objection.

Specific complaints

Mail a friend

What is the answer for four plus ten

Mail us your feedback

What is the answer for four plus ten