Interlibrary Loan (ILL)Books and scans of journal articles from other libraries (in the Netherlands and abroad) can be ordered using the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) scheme. To place an ILL request, you need to have a personal ILL account. You can apply for an ILL-account during office hours.The processing period covers 2 to 3 working days.
How do I apply for an ILL account?
You can apply for an ILL account at the LIS Service Desk. Bring along:
- a completed ILL form
- your TiU pass (student card)
You have to pay for ILL transactions. Therefore, you have to put a minimum amount of € 20,- on your ILL account. You can pay the amount by switch card or cash card at the LIS Service Desk. Any amount left in your account at the end of your study, can be refunded (on application).
National ILL request
Requests for Interlibrary loans from other Dutch libraries can be made in the NCC (Dutch Central Catalogue) and the National Online Contents. You will be notified by email when the book has arrived in the Tilburg University library and it can be collected and borrowed with your university card from the LIS Service Desk. The loan period is usually four weeks.
International ILL request
It is possible to order books or articles from other libraries around the world. The cost of this service is considerably higher than for ILL requests in the Netherlands. See the price list below. There are also special rules for requests from abroad:
- A request cannot be cancelled.
- The cost of an international request is not paid from your ILL account.
- The cost of your request will still be charged to you, even if you fail to collect the book.
- It can take quite some time (sometimes three months) before a book is available in Tilburg.
- In general, books from abroad have a short lending period (two weeks). This lending period cannot be extended.
See: ILL request form abroad.
|Costs national ILL request||Costs international ILL request|
|Books||€ 3||€ 10|
|Book and journal articles||€ 6*||€ 12**|
* 1 - 10 pages = € 6.00. Each extra page: € 0.60
** 1 - 10 pages. Each extra page: € 1.20.