My research interests are multidisciplinary in nature and derive from (business) economics, organizational psychology, and sociology. Most of my research is empirical and quantitative in nature. Current research topics are:
- corporate governance: the inner working and interaction of top management teams, boards of directors, and works councils;
- decision-making: the application of insights from behavioral economics and social psychology to decision-making in firms.
I participate(d) in a variety of external projects on these topics, e.g. on corporate governance code compliance, executive compensation, board composition, and sustainable decision-making.
Most recent publications
PhD in Economics and Business (2005-2008; defense Jan. 2009) at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands). Dissertation title: Behavioral Corporate Governance: Four Empirical Studies. Supervisors: Profs. Hans van Ees and Arjen van Witteloostuijn.
Research Master (2003-2005) in Economics and Business, with honours. University of Groningen (The Netherlands).
2012-.. Tilburg University - assistant professor organization and strategy
- see elsewhere on this profile page for main responsibilities
2008-2013 Utrecht University - assistant professor institutional economics (part-time)
- Teaching in the courses Institutional Economics (BSc, 2nd year), Institutional Perspectives on Business (BSc, 3rd year) and theses (2 bachelor, 4 master).
- Research on corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, and behavioral economics.
2008-2012 Antwerpen University - postdoc researcher (part-time)
- Research into effective governance of private organizations. Writing grant application and responsible for scientific integration of findings.
Most recent publications
Gerwin van der Laan is Program Director of the Business and Management major at University College Tilburg.
G.Laan teaches the following subjects:
- Organization and Strategy(325007)More information
- Individuals and Collectives: Introduction to Business & Management and Social Sciences(840114)More information
- Bachelorthesis LAS(840900)More information
- Researchers and their Fields(840067)More information
- Introduction to Social Sciences and Business & Management(840076)More information
- Organization for Pre-master (Dutch)(325074)More information
Room K 1102A
PO Box 90153 5000 LE Tilburg
|Phone||+31 13 466 8767|
|Secretary||+31 13 466 2315|
Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Department of Management