Corporate Entrepreneurship, Strategic alliances, Innovation Strategies, China/India, Corporate Venturing, Data Science
Most recent publications
- 1995 PhD from the Maastricht Economic Research InstituteInnovation and Technology (Universiteit Maastricht).
- 1990 Master of Economics and Business Administration (Universiteit Maastricht)
- 2014 - present, Vice Dean Research Tilburg School of Economics and Management
- 2014 - present, Scientific Director CentER
- 2009 - 2014, Scientific Director Tilburg Centre of Entrepreneurship
- 2009 - present Full professor of Entrepreneurship, Tilburg University.
- 2009 - 2012 Full professor of Entrepreneurship, Eindhoven University of Technology
- 2008 - 2009, Scientific Director Maastricht University India Institute
- 2006 - 2009, Professorial Fellow UNU-MERIT
- 2006 - 2009, Programme Leader, Innovation, Global Business Strategies and Host
Country Development, UNU-MERIT
- 2000 - present Full Professor of Organization Science (in particular knowledge acquisition
and integration strategies),Eindhoven University of Technology (Part time 0.2 from 2006 -
- 2004 - 2006 Associate dean, Faculty of Technology Management, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
- 2000 - 2003 Scientific Director of the Eindhoven Centre for Innovation Studies (Ecis)
-1999 - 2000 Associate Professor of Technology Management, Eindhoven University of Technology.
- 1998 - 1999 Senior Manager, KPMG Alliances (part-time), International Headquarters, Amstelveen
- 1996 - 1999 Associate Professor of Strategic Management at theDepartment of Strategy and Logistics of the Universiteit Maastricht.
- 1995 - 1996 Assistant Professor of International Business Strategy at the International Business Department (University of Limburg).
- 1994 Researcher at the Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- 1990 - 1994 PhD student and researcher at the Maastricht Economic
Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- 1993 Visiting PhD-student at the Science Policy Research
Unit, Brighton, England.
Most recent publications
Intensive Research and Teaching Collaboration with:
Wuhan University of Technology (China)
Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing, China)
2011, the Emerald Citations of Excellence Award for the article ?Networking as a means to strategy change: the case of open innovation in mobile telephony? co-authored with Koen Dittrich. It has been chosen as one of the top 50 articles worldwide in the field of management that have proven impact since their publication date (based on a two-tier system based on citations and research impact).
2010, Awarded the Chutian distinguished professorship at the Wuhan University of Technology (China).
2007, Academy of Management, Best Paper Proceedings, TIM division.
2007, Bestpaperaward - International Symposium of Management of Technology, Zheijiang University, Hangzhou, China.
2005, Academy of Management, Winner of theSumantra Goshal Research and Practice Award. BPS Division.
2004 Academy of Management, Nominee Best Paper Award, Annual Meeting, Carolyn Dexter Best International Paper Award.
2004 Academy of Management, Nominee Best Paper Award, Annual Meeting, Technology and Innovation Management Division.
2002 Academy of Management, Winner of Best Paper Award, Annual Meeting, Technology and Innovation Management Division.
1995-1999 Grants US National Science Foundation.
1999-2000 Citations of Excellence for the Highest Quality rating Articles by ANBAR Electronic Intelligence.
1997 Academy of Management, Winner of Best Paper Award, Annual Meeting Technology and Innovation Management Division.
1994 Shell Travel Grant.
1993 VSB PhD Scholarship
Outsourcing Exploration: The Impact of Knowledge Configuration in Alliance Portfolios?s on the Knowledge Boundary of a Firm
A study of SME's in a Developing Country
Essays on capability development through
Tim de Leeuw
Collaboration and You
Bridging for Breakthroughs
What we talk about when we talk about Brazilian
The Perfect Match: Partner Selection in alliances
Entrepreneurship Development in ChinaElise Meijer Functional teams and alliances
Succesfully managing alliance portfolios
Thanh Hoang, Nguyen
Attracting and benefiting from foreign direct investment under absorptive capacity constraints: A case for Vietnam
Alliance networks in Creative IndustriesAd van den Oord
The ecology of technology
Maurice de RochemontSuccess factors for Innovation in multi partner alliances. Asel Doranova
Climate change mitigation/CDM and technological development.
R&D oriented FDI in New EC member states.
Vareska van de Vrande
Not Invented Here: Managing Corporate
Innovation in a New Era
Group Competence Building
Building effective Alliance Capabilities
Knowledge Flows between Multinational Companies: A Patent Data Analysis.
Towards an optimal alliance portfolio, an
empirical analysis of technological learning
Innovation networks: exploration and exploitation in the ICT industry
Ferrie van Echtelt
New product development: shifting suppliers into
Network dynamics and innovation. The effects of social embeddedness in technology alliance blocks
2011 Keynote Global Innovation Forum Brussels (Belgium)
2010 Keynote speech International Conference on Innovation and Management Wuhan (China)
2010 Keynote Address Shanghai University
2010 Keynote Address EIRMA (European Industrial ResearchManagement Association) executive round table on R&D asa life line.
2010 Keynote Address Wuhan University of Technology
2009 Keynote speech International Conference onInnovation and Management Sao Paolo (Brazil)
2008 Keynote speech International Conference onInnovation and Management Maastricht
2007 Keynote speech International conference on Chainsand Networks Wageningen
2007 Keynote speech International Conference on Innovation and Management Yamaguchi (Japan)
2006 Keynote speech International Conference on Innovation and Management Wuhan (China)
2005 Keynote speech International Conference on Innovation and Management Wuhan (China)
Scientific Director Brabant Center of Entrepreneurship: Responsible for 8 Master and 8 Bachelor courses on Entrepreneurship
G.M.Duijsters teaches the following subjects:
- Advanced Corporate Entrepreneurship(325065)More information
- Introduction to Corporate Entrepreneurship(325067)More information
- Corporate Entrepreneurship(325081)More information
Teaching activities elsewhere
a large number of MA, MBA and PhD level courses in International Business Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Innovation Management, strategic alliances and Network Analysis.
Coordinator at the Eindhoven University of Technology:
Coordinator: Corporate Entrepreneurship course (masters)
Coordinator: New Media and Social Networking course (master)
Coordinator International Comparative Management.
Block Coordinator pre-masters course VKO
Block Coordinator Masters course Alliance and Network Management
PhD Course on Innovation Management and Innovation Studies
PhD Course on Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Block coordinator at Maastricht University:
Block 1.2 Introduction to International Business.
Block 3.1 Competitive Analysis and Strategy
Block 3.3 International Business Strategy II
Block 3.4 Strategic Issues for Management in an Integrated European Context.
Block 3.4 Case Studies for Management in an Integrated Europe.
Block 3.4 Business History
Room K 119
PO Box 90153 5000 LE Tilburg
|Phone||+31 13 466 2363|
|Secretary||+31 13 466 2420|
Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Department of Management