Henk Norde is full professor in Mathematics and Game Theory at Tilburg University. His research interests are cooperative and non-cooperative game theory.
Most recent publications
Ph. D. dissertation, February 5, 1992: "On a singular perturbation in the linear dispersive theory", in the field of partial differential equations.Promotor: prof. dr. L.S. Frank. Department of Mathematics, Radboud University Nijmegen.
Doctoral degree in mathematics,Radboud University Nijmegen. Specialization: Complex analysis. September 1, 1982 - August 27, 1987. Judicium: cum laude. Extra: 1st degree teaching qualification.
- Full professor at department of Econometrics and OR from September 1, 2007.
- Associate professor at department of Econometrics and OR from April 1, 2001 until August 31, 2007.
- Assistant professor at department of Econometrics and OR from March 15, 1993 until March 31, 2001.
Radboud University Nijmegen: Assistant professor at department of Mathematics from March 15, 1993 until December 31, 1994.
Ministerie van Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid: "Vervangende dienstplicht" at department of Econometrics and OR, Tilburg University, from November 15, 1991 until March 15, 1993.
Radboud University Nijmegen: "Assistent in opleiding" at department of Mathematics from September 1, 1987 until August 31, 1991.
Most recent publications
- Annals of OR
- Economics Bulletin
- Economic Theory
- European Journal of Operational Research
- Games and Economic Behavior
- International Game Theory Review
- International Journal of Game Theory
- Journal of Public Economic Theory
- Mathematical Methods of Operations Research
- Mathematical Social Sciences
- Operations Research
- Recent Advances in Optimization
- Strategic Behavior and the Environment
- Associate editor voor een speciale uitgave van TOP, gebundeld na het SING 3 congres (SING: the Spanish, Italian, Netherlands Game Theory Society), Madrid, 4-6 juli 2007.
- Associate editor (met I. Garcia-Jurado, P. Borm en F. Patrone) van een speciale uitgave van MMOR on Game Practice III (MMOR, 59, vol. 3, 2004), gebundeld na het congres "Advances in Game Theory and Related Topics, joint with Game Practice III", 23-25 juni 2002 in Hilvarenbeek, georganiseerd ter gelegenheid van de 65ste verjaardag van Stef Tijs.
- Tim Boonen. Department of Econometrics and OR, Tilburg University. "Game-theoretic approaches to optimal risk sharing". Ph. D. defence: January 15, 2014. Jointly supervised with Anja De Waegenaere.
- Gerwald van Gulick. Department of Econometrics and OR, Universiteit van Tilburg. "Game Theory and Applications in Finance". Ph.D. defence: June 25 juni 2010. Jointly supervised with Anja De Waegenaere.
- Stefano Moretti. Department of Mathematics, University of Genoa and Unit of MolecularEpidemiology, National Cancer Research Institute of Genoa, Italy. "Cost Allocation Problems Arising from Connection Situations in an Interactive Cooperative Setting". Ph.D. defence: October 10, 2008. Jointly supervised with Stef Tijs and Rodica Branzei.
- Ulas Ozen. Department of Technology Management. Technische Universiteit Eindhoven. "Collaboration between multiple newsvendors". Ph.D. defence: February 27, 2007. Jointly supervised with Marco Slikker and Jan Fransoo.
- Bas van Velzen. "Cooperation in Networks and Scheduling". Ph.D. defence: September 16, 2005 (cum laude).Jointly supervised with Herbert Hamers and Peter Borm
- Kim Hang Pham Do. "Essays in Game Theory and Natural Resource Management". Ph.D. defence: September 29, 2003. Jointly supervised with Henk Folmer and Stef Tijs
- Marco Slikker. "Decision Making and Cooperation Restrictions". Ph.D. defence: April 17, 2000. Jointly supervised with Anne van den Nouweland and Stef Tijs.
- 2012-2013: Best lecturer BSc programme Econometrics & OR
- 2012: Best teacher 'large groups' TiSEM
- 2011-2012: Best lecturer BSc programme Econometrics & OR
- 2009-2010: Best lecturer BSc programme Econometrics & OR
- 2008-2009: Best lecturer BSc programme Econometrics & OR
- 2003-2004: Best lecturer BSc programme Econometrics & OR
- 2000: Teaching Quality Award for course Wiskunde 1 (jointly with Peter Borm, Edwin van Dam, Herbert Hamers and Bob Kaper)
- 2000: Teaching Quality Award for course Zelfstandig Modelleren (jointly with many others)
- 1999 - 2000: 2nd place best teacher election Econometrics programme
- 1998 - 1999: Best teacher 'large groups' FEB
- 1996 - 1997: 2nd place best teacher election Econometrics programme
- 1995 - 1996: Best teacher propedeuse FEB; 3rd place best teacher election FEB
- 1981 - 1982: 6th place Nederlandse Wiskunde Olympiade 2001: Teaching Quality Award for course Wiskunde 2 (jointly with Peter Borm, Edwin van Dam, and Herbert Hamers)
- B. Kaper and H. Norde, Inleiding in de Analyse, Academic service, 382 pp.
- H. Norde, B. van Schaijk, M. van Tuijl and Y. de Vries, Tweede fase, studiehuis en de herprogrammering van het eerste jaar van de economie-opleidingen aan de KUB; Verslag van een bewustwordings- en aanpassingstraject. Van Tweede Fase Naar Hoger Onderwijs 42, Tilburg: Mesoconsult, 20 pp.
H.W.Norde teaches the following subjects:
- Advanced Game Theory (CentER)(230349)More information
- Mathematics 1 for IBA(30J105)More information
- Mathematics 2(350893)More information
- Mathematics 1 (Dutch) (as of 2011-2012)(350896)More information
- Proofs and Techniques(35B104)More information
- Mathematical Analysis 1(35B105)More information
- Introduction to Probability Theory(35B302)More information
- January 1, 2013 - now: head of department Econometrics & OR
- September 1, 2010 - December 31, 2012: chair faculty council
- January 1, 2005 - December 31, 2012: academic director of the BSc program Econometrics & OR
- January 1, 2005 - December 31, 2012: academic director of the MSc program Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
- January 1, 2005 - August 31, 2010: Member of the exam committee AE\FE\IEF\EOR (part of the time as chair)
- January 1, 2002 - December 31, 2004: Treasurer of the department Econometrics and OR
- March 1, 2000 - August 31, 2004: Member of the exam committee Economics (part of the time as chair)
- January 1, 2000 - December 31, 2002: Member of the management team of the 'Basisfase Economie'
- January 1, 1999 - December 31, 2001: Member of the management team of the department Econometrics and OR
- January 1, 2005 - December 31, 2008: academic director of the MSc program Operations Research and Management Science
- January 1, 2005 - December 31, 2008: academic director of the MSc program Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science
Room K 709
PO Box 90153 5000 LE Tilburg
|Phone||+31 13 466 3245|
|Secretary||+31 13 466 2430|
|Fax||+31 13 466 3280|
Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Econometrics and Operations Research