Harry Huizinga's fields of expertise are financial economics and public economics. Resaerch topics include deposit insurance, the VAT on the financial sector, the stabilty of banks, capital gains taxation, and the taxation of multinational firms.
Most recent publications
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1984-1988. MA, PhD in Economics. Dissertation title: Fiscal Aspects of Exchange Rate Policy in Developing Countries.
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 1982-1984. BA in Economics.
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME, 1981-1982
Professor of International Economics, Tilburg University, The Netherlands, since 1992.
Economic Adviser, Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs, European Commission, Brussels, 2000-2003.
Assistant Professor of Economics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 1988-1992.
Visitor, Development Research Group, World Bank, Washington, DC, January-June 1997.
Consultant, Fiscal Affairs Division, OECD, Paris, 1994, 1995.
Visiting Scholar, Fiscal Affairs Department, International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC, 1993, 1996; Research Department, 1991, 2008.
Consultant, World Bank, Washington, DC, 1988, 1990,1992, 1999.
Summer Intern, International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC, 1985.
Most recent publications
Research Fellow, Centre for Economic Policy Research, London, since 1997
Duisenberg Research Fellow, Directorate General for Research, European Central Bank, Frankfurt, April-June 2010
Member, Scientific Advisory Board, Mannheim Taxation Scientific Campus, since 2014
In a seminar course on taxation for MSc Economics students, I present students with research on the taxation of multinational firms. The course also deals with current tax policy issues confronting multinational firms.
In a BSc Economics course on the economics of banking and finance, I introduce studens to research related to the operation of banks and their supervision.
H.P.Huizinga teaches the following subjects:
- The Economics of Banking and Finance(30L306)More information
- Seminar Taxation(310150)More information
- Author of Briefing, European Parliament, 2015.
- Member, Group of Economic Analysis of the European Commission's President, 2001-2004.
- Editor, FinanzArchiv, 2004-2009.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Public Economics, 2001-2005.
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Macroeconomics, 2003-2005,
- Member, Editorial Board, European Journal of Political Economy, 2000-2005.
- Member, Editorial Board, International Tax and Public Finance, since 1999.
- Member, Economic Policy Panel, Economic Policy, 1999-2000.
Room K 304A
PO Box 90153 5000 LE Tilburg
|Phone||+31 13 466 2623|
|Secretary||+31 13 466 2416|
|Fax||+31 13 466 3042|
Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Department of Economics