Rein Cozijn is assistant-professor at the Tilburg School of Humanities and researcher at the Tilburg Center for Cognition and Communication. As a psycholinguist and usability researcher, he studies the cognitive processing of language, hypertext, and text and graphics. He is specialized in experimental research methods, notably eye tracking. He is the manager of the research lab.
Most recent publications
Most recent publications
My psycholinguistic research focuses on the study of language comprehension processes (e.g., connectives, pronouns, prefabs, integration of text and graphics, hypertext, advertisements, subtitling, movies) in laboratory settings with the use of eye tracking. I am responsible for the research lab.
- Ph.D. manuscript committee S. Frank. Computational modeling of discourse comprehenison. Radboud University, 2006.
- Ph.D. promotion committee J. Farkas. A semiotically oriented cognitive model of knowledge representation. Radboud University, 2008.
- Ph.D. promotion committee A.W. Koornneef (2008). Eye catching anaphora. Utrecht University, 2008.
- Ph.D. co-supervisor of E. Commandeur. The processing of implicit causality sentences. Tilburg University (2010).
- Ph.D. co-supervisor J. Maric. Web Communities, Immigrants and Social Capital. Tilburg University. (expected 2014).
- Processing causal relations in discourse: The role of causal (because, for) and temporal (when, after) connectives, Discourse op Dinsdag, Utrecht University, Oct. 2008
- See Figure 1: the integration of tekst and graphics, Amsterdam, Viot, Dec. 2008
- Processing (underspecified) causal relations in discourse. Workshop Causality in Discourse and Cognition, Utrecht University, Jan. 2009.
- ERN Learning to Write Effectively , Workshop Barcelona , 5-7 April 2009
R.Cozijn teaches the following subjects:
- Cognitive processes in writing and reading(822120)More information
- Research Workshop: T&C(822138)More information
- The Brain and the Movies(840102)More information
- Psychocinematics: Visual story perception and understanding (BDM/HAIT)(880020)More information
- Cognition and Process: Advanced Topics (PL/CO)(880033)More information
- Cognition and Process (CD)(880200)More information
- Research Skills Module: Laboratory Research(880461)More information
- Research Skills: Eye Tracking(880490)More information
Teaching activities elsewhere
January 2014, Course Language and communication research.
University of Suriname
- Manager of the research laboratory of the Department of Communication and Information Sciences
- Member of the Board of Examiners of the Faculty of Humanities
- University contact for the Gerrit van der Veer graduate thesis award
Room D 431
PO Box 90153 5000 LE Tilburg
|Phone||+31 13 466 2937|
|Secretary||+31 13 466 3584|
|Fax||+31 13 466 2892|
Tilburg School of Humanities
Department of Communication and Information Sciences