prof.dr.mr. T.F.E. Tjong Tjin TaiFull Professor
Tilburg Law School
Department of Private Law
Eric's expertise is on Dutch private law and law of civil procedure, with an additional specialisation in IT law. His current research consists of
- legal aspects of data and digital developments (smart contracts, property rights in data),
- methodology of doctrinal research (from viewpoint philosophy of science/epistemology),
- service contracts, professions and institutions,
- European private law from a dogmatic and/or procedural viewpoint, and
- the interrelation of law and ethics.
Most recent publications
- PhD in philosophy on Duties of care and ethics of care (Zorgplichten en zorgethiek) at the University of Amsterdam
- University of Amsterdam, Law (1998) (equivalent of L.L.M.)
- University of Amsterdam, Philosophy (1994) (equivalent of MA)
- Delft University of Technology, Computer Science (1990) (equivalent of MSc)
- Tilburg University (2010-present). Professor of private law.
- Tilburg University (2007-2009). Senior lecturer, department of private law.
- Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn (1998-2007), Advocate, specialised in Supreme Court litigation and IP/IT.
- Prior to 1998: various positions in IT practice.
Most recent publications
Direct and indirect funding
Report Duties of care and diligence against cybercrime (2015)
- Liability for Omissions in European Tort Law, presentation at 2nd Post-Doc Conference Max Planck Institute, Hamburg (may 2008)
- Experiences with service contracts in the Dutch Civil Code, presention at the meeting of the German Society for Comparative Law, Private law division (18 september 2009)
T.F.E.Tjong Tjin Tai teaches the following subjects:
- GLB: Methods & Techniques of Legal Research(620263)More information
- Civil Procedure and Dispute Resolution(650226)More information
- Bachelor's Assignment for Enforcement Law(670080)More information
- Civil Procedure and Dispute Resolution(690909)More information
- Co-Chief Editor Looseleaf on Dutch law of Civil Procedure
- Editor WPNR
- Case note contributor Nederlandse Jurisprudentie
- Associate Nederlands Juristenblad
- Member board of advice TPR
- Associate Looseleaf on Dutch Patrimonial law
- Deputy Judge at Court of Appeal Den Bosch
- Member core editorial board ITenRecht.nl
- Author Sdu Vermogensrecht
- Member Committee for Cassation in the interest of the uniform application of the law (advising the Procurator General of the Dutch Supreme Court)