On this page you will find everything you need to know about Tilburg University's Privacy & Personal Data Protection Policy.
Strategy Data Protection
The Strategy Data Protection sets out the main lines regarding ambition level, risk management, organizational structure, responsibilities, resources and supervision.
Privacy & Personal Data Protection Policy
The Privacy & Personal Data Protection Policy safeguards the quality of personal data processing and ensures a good balance between privacy, security and functionality.
The policy has the following concrete objectives:
- Setting down the basic principles for processing personal data and providing a framework for assessing personal data processing in accordance with established best practices or standards
- Providing transparency with regard to what Tilburg University does with personal data
- Stipulating procedures for the processing of personal data
- Assigning duties, powers and responsibilities within the organization
- Complying with European and Dutch laws and regulations.
There is an important relationship and partial overlap with the related policy area of information management and information security. The policy is in line with the Fair Information Principles.
In addition to the main policy, there is a supplementary specific theme policy:
- Education and Students
- Scientific Research
- External Relations
- Camera surveillance
- Publishing personal data
For employees, specific procedures and models (login required) are available via intranet.