What do I need a VPN connection for?
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is used to access services and servers that are not freely accessible via public internet.
You need a VPN connection in the following off-campus situations:
- Sending print jobs to one of the printers/copiers on campus.
Logging on to VPN (GlobalProtect) is possible via Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) only
Please keep in mind to verify the login in your Microsoft Authenticator app. Please note that VPN (GlobalProtect) does not show a notification or pop-up indicating that you need to approve the login. Each time you log on to your VPN, you will have to use the Microsoft Authenticator app. After providing a valid username/password combination, an approval message will immediately appear in the Authenticator app.
Frequently asked questions about VPN
- How can I set up a VPN connection on my computer, smartphone or tablet?
- How long does a VPN session take?
- Can I set up a split-tunneling connection?
For answers to the above questions and additional information, please visit IT Support's Self Service Portal.
For this application, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is used
This is an additional measure to protect data more effectively.
- Log in with your password.
- Confirm the login in your Microsoft Authenticator App.