Professor Jantine Schuit, member Executive Board and Vice Rector Magnificus
Jantine Schuit (1964) is member of the Executive Board and Vice Rector Magnificus of Tilburg University since November 2020.
Jantine Schuit is Professor of Health, Behavior and Society. Her research area of interest is the effectiveness of health-related behavioral interventions and policy measures. In her scientific work, Jantine Schuit aspires to contribute to effective and sustainable preventive interventions.
- Strategy, profile, governance and identity
- Education, especially:
- Quality assurance and accreditation
- Academic study success
- New degree programs and educational innovation
- Internationalization of education
- Marketing and recruitment
- Research and Impact, especially:
- Quality assurance
- Academic Collaborative Centers
- Centers and Institutes
- Open science
- External acquisition
- Human Resources, especially:
- Recognition and rewards
- Talent management
- Diversity and inclusion
- Social safety
- Sustainability and Well-being:
- Sustainable campus
- Healthy Campus
- Member of and independent advisor to the Executive Board of the West Brabant Regional Health Service (GGD)
- Member of the International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity Editorial Board
Related to Tilburg University Executive Board position
- VSNU Education and Research steering committee (SOO) member
- Brainport Smart District board member
- HOVO Brabant Seniors Academy board member
- Mindlabs board member
- We Care steering committee member
Between September 2017 and November 2020, Jantine Schuit was Dean of the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Tilburg University.
Before, she worked at RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and Environment), a.o. Head of the Center for nutrition, prevention and health care.
In addition, she held the endowed chair in Health Promotion and Policy at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, supervising PhD students and teaching Bachelor’s and Master’s classes in public health, prevention and health policy.
From 1990 until 1997 she was a researcher at Wageningen University, obtaining a doctorate for a study into the effect of an exercise program on risk factors for heart and vascular diseases in the elderly.
Jantine Schuit studied Health Promotion and Consumer Sciences at Wageningen University.