Hans-Georg van Liempd
Hans-George van Liempd (1961) is the Secretary of Tilburg University since February 15, 2021.
He has a special responsibility in preparing and implementing decisions made by the Board, in constant consultation with the Deans, Schools, Divisions to optimally equip our students and staff for their important work in research, education, and society.
In addition to Hans-Georg van Liempd’s primary task as Secretary, he will be responsible, as the Managing Director of University Services, to foster, coordinate, and safeguard the collaboration among the Divisions on key policy themes and business operations. Hans-Georg van Liempd will therefore also lead the Executive Services Division.
- Member Supervisory Board of Netherlands School of Public and Occupational Health
- Member Supervisory Board of ContourdeTwern
- Member Supervisory Board Schouwburg Concertzaal Tilburg
- Senior Trainer and Internationalisation Expert
- Member Management Board of Center for Higher Education Internationalisation (CHEI)
- Chairman of the Board of Zanskar – ‘sTonge Foundation
Study and former principal functions
Hans-Georg van Liempd was the Managing Director of the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences. Before that, he was the Director of the International Office and interim Managing Director of Tilburg Law School and of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences.
Hans-Georg van Liempd has worked for the university since 1989 and holds a Master's in Economics from Tilburg University. He also filled various management positions outside the university. In addition, he has a number of ancillary positions in the framework of European collaboration and is also active in Tilburg, the city with which our university has a special bond.