Top Publications Department of Accountancy
- Friedman, Henry L. and Mahieux, Lucas, How Is the Audit Market Affected by Characteristics of the Non-Audit Services Market? (January 7, 2021). 29th Annual Conference on Financial Economics & Accounting 2018, Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3212992 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3212992
Martens, Tim and Sextroh, Christoph J., Analyst Coverage Overlaps and Interfirm Information Spillovers (August 27, 2020). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3428691 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3428691
Shang, R., Abernethy, M., & Hung, C.Y. (2019). Group identity, performance transparency, and employee performance. The Accounting Review.
- Hassan, T. A., Hollander, S., van Lent, L. A. G. M., & Tahoun, A. (2019). Firm-level political risk: Measurement and effects. Quarterly Journal of Economics, 134(4), 2135-2202. https://doi.org/10.1093/qje/qjz021
- Cardinaels, E., Hollander, S., & White, B. (2019). Automatic summarization of earnings releases: Attributes and effects on investors’ judgments. Review of Accounting Studies. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11142-019-9488-0
- Cardinaels, E., Chen, C. X., & Yin, H. (2018). Leveling the playing field: The selection and motivation effects of tournament prize spread information. The Accounting Review, 93(4), 127-149. https://doi.org/10.2308/accr-51955
- Baylis, R. M., Burnap, P., Clatworthy, M. A., Gad, M., & Pong, C. K. M. (2017). Private lenders’ demand for audit. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 64(1), 78-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacceco.2017.06.001
- Waegenaere, A. M. B., Sansing, R. C., & Wielhouwer, J. L. (2017). Development cost capitalization during R&D races. Contemporary Accounting Research, 34(3), 1522-1546. https://doi.org/10.1111/1911-3846.12306
- Jiang, D., A. Kumar, A. & K. Law, K. (2016). Political contributions and analyst behavior. Review of Accounting Studies. 21 (1): 37-88
- Hollander, S. and Verriest, A. (2016). Bridging the gap: the design of bank loan contracts and distance. Journal of Financial Economics, 119(2), 399-419.
- Cardinaels, E. and Yin, H. (2015). Think twice before going for incentives: Social norms and the principal’s decision on compensation contracts. Journal of Accounting Research, 53(5), 985-1015.
- Law, K. and Mills, L. (2015). Taxes and financial constraints: evidence from linguistic cues. Journal of Accounting Research, 53(4), 777-819.
- Young, S. and Zeng, Y. (2015) Accounting comparability and the accuracy of peer based valuation models. The Accounting Review 90(6), 2571-2601.
- Waegenaere, A. M. B., R. Sansing, R. & J.L. Wielhouwer, J. (2015). Financial accounting effects of tax aggressiveness: Contracting and measurement. Contemporary Accounting Research. 32, 1, p. 223-242
- Bruynseels, L.M. and Cardinaels, E. (2014). The audit committee: management watchdog or personal friend of the CEO? The Accounting Review, 89(1), 113-145.
- Jia, Y., van Lent, L. and Zeng, Y. (2014). Masculinity, testosterone, and financial misreporting. Journal of Accounting Research, 52(20, 1195-1246.