News Cognitive Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Lisa Koutsoviti Koumeri (PhD student at Hasselt University, supervised by Gonzalo Nápoles) got the Best Paper Award at the 25th Iberoamerican Congress on Pattern Recognition.
- Marie Postma and Silvy Collin feature in a video lecture for children (in Dutch): Corona en je brein: de invloed van online les
- Culture and Science NWO has granted millions to fund a new round of research addressing questions of the National Research Agenda. One of the projects that will be funded is Opening the Black Box of Deep Learning for Language, Speech and Music in which (among others) Afra Alishahi and Grzegorz Chrupala will collaborate. Read more about this project.
- Researchers have developed app against needle fear
- MindLabs starts five new innovation projects €8.5 million in investments from Regional Deal and partners
- Gonzalo Nápoles in collaboration with Dr. Maikel Leon from the University of Miami, USA supervised the student paper entitled: “Symbolic Explanation Module for Fuzzy Cognitive Map-based Reasoning Models” that has been accepted as a regular paper at the AI-2020 Fortieth SGAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (http://www.bcs-sgai.org/ai2020/). The paper will be published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
- Gonzalo Nápoles has been awarded a senior postdoc position by the FWO for his research proposal: “Hybrid and interpretable models based on Fuzzy Cognitive Maps for the modeling and simulation of complex systems.” (250kEU)
- SpaceBuzz is winner of not one but two Webby Awards honoring the best of the Internet:
* People’s Voice Winner Video Entertainment (Immersive And Mixed Reality)
* Webby Winner Video Entertainment (Immersive And Mixed Reality)
Contact person for CS&AI: Max Louwerse
- CSAI researchers Henry Brighton, Emmanuel Keuleers, Max Louwerse and Eric Postma are involved in KPN Responsible AI lab of JADS.