Events: Towards a regulatory framework for climate smart agriculture
- 15.12.2017: Stakeholder symposium concluding the project, at Tilburg University
- 04.07.17: Stakeholder meeting on rehabilitation of agricultural soils, co-organized by TELOS, a member institute of the Tilburg Sustainability Centre, at the Provincial authorities of North Brabant
- 05-09.06.17: 3rd European Climate Change Adaptation Conference, Glasgow. Abstract accepted: "The impact of soil carbon sequestration on adaptation in Europe’s agricultural sector and the potential role of regulatory instruments”.
- 02.06.17: The IUCN Academy of Environmental Law awarded the 2017 senior environmental law scholarship award to Jonathan Verschuuren, in part also in recognition of his work on climate smart agriculture.
- 04.04.2017: Presentation of full day seminar on "Climate change, food security and agriculture, and its consequences for climate justice", University of Malta. Audience: students, academics
- 05.04.2017: Presentation during environmental law event organized by the European Law Students Association (ELSA), Tilburg University. Audience: students.
- 23.03.2017: Poster presentation and plenary presentation by Jonathan during the Netherlands Association of Environmental Law’s annual “Actualiteitendag” (conference on topical environmental law issues). Audience: practitioners.
- 06.03.2017: Jonathan presented his project at a dedicated seminar at Tilburg Sustainability Center. Audience: researchers from various backgrounds (environmental economics, sustainability studies, environmental law etc.).
- 18.01.2017: Jonathan presented his project at a dedicated seminar at Tilburg Law School. Audience: legal researchers.
- 27.10.2016: presentation during a staff workshop held at the University of Sydney on methodology of empirical legal research, primarily relying on experiences with the empirical research under WP 1. Audience: researchers.
- 26.10.2016: presentation on the innovation aspects of a regulatory scheme aimed at stimulating farmers to adopt climate smart agricultural practices and technologies in a round table at the University of Technology Sydney's Institute for Sustainable Futures. Audience: researchers.
- 13.10.2016: presentation of findings at another event related to Global Climate Change Week 2016, a lecture at the University of New South Wales Faculty of Law (UNSW), also in Sydney. Audience: researchers and students.
- 12.10.2016: presentation of findings at ACCEL seminar "A Stocktake on the Emissions Reduction Fund", coinciding with Global Climate Change Week, at the University of Sydney's venue in the Sydney city centre. Audience: stakeholders, students and other interested members of the public
- 21.07.2016: sole speaker at dedicated seminar at the University of Tasmania in Hobart in which Jonathan presented his findings. Audience: researchers.
- 29.06.2016: stakeholder seminar organized with the help of Dutchlink, in which the project findings were presented. Venue: Hilton Hotel Sydney. Audience: stakeholders, the media, academics from other areas than law, members of the general public.
- 02.05.2016: Jonathan presented his project at a dedicated ACCEL seminar at Sydney Law. Audience: researchers.
- 11.02.2016: Jonathan acted as a keynote speaker at ACCEL conference, The Legal Implications of the Paris Agreement held at Sydney University (paper presentation "The Paris Climate Agreement: agriculture and food security"). Audience: researchers and stakeholders.