WAOP Conference 2022
After two years in which we could not meet in person, this year, the WAOP conference is organized by the Departments of Human Resources Studies, Organization Studies, and Social Psychology of Tilburg University (School of Social and Behavioral Sciences).
We aim to realize an interesting and varied conference program, including a distinguished keynote speaker Professor Marylene Gagne, Future of Work Institute (Curtin University - Australia) and high-quality thematic sessions, followed by a dinner in town.
The final program can be found HERE.
- If you are presenting, bring your presentation on a usb stick
- The conference will take place at Seats2meet in the LocHal (www.lochal.nl). Seats2meet is located on the 1st floor of the building. The entrance is on the right next to the staircase. Please make sure you take the proper entrance . To clarify that, we have a video: een filmpje
- LocHal is located next to the train station (Tilburg centraal)
- If you come by car: for parking and route see: https://www.seats2meettilburgspoorzone.nl/contact/#route. The closest parking garages are Tivoli and de Knegtel.
- The conference dinner takes place at T-huis (t-huis-spoorpark.nl). This is a 15 minute walk from the congres location.
- We now have 120 participants
- We now have 106 participants
- You can still register for the conference but NOT for the diner (full!)
- We now have more than 100 participants
- You can still register (till Oct. 1st)
- You can submitt your full paper for feedback or for best paper award till Oct 1st.
The conference will be held at the LocHal (Burgemeester Brokxlaan 1000, 5041 SG Tilburg). LocHal is right beside the railway station of Tilburg Central Station, and is close to the city centre of Tilburg (15-minute walk). Please see the city map.
A list of events and places of interest in Tilburg can be found on the Tourist office website.
A hotel very close to the congres location is Mercure hotel Tilburg Centrum. If you say you come for a conference of Tilburg University, the room price is 107 euro per night, including breakfast, excluding taxes. An option a bit outside the centre is Ibis Tilburg. If you say you come for a conference of Tilburg University, the room price is 81 euro per night, including breakfast, excluding taxes.
Please register for the conference. The deadline for registration is September 15, 2022. Conference fee is 135 euro (without diner) or 195 (including diner). Note: our cancellation policy is that cancellations after the 1st of November will not be reimbursed. The registration is not completed and formal until the registration and payment are completed.
Submission of abstracts
Deadline for submission of an abstract was June 10, 2022 (submission closed). Everyone has been informed regarding acceptance.
Submitting a full paper is not compulsory to participate or present at the conference. However, if you want to receive feedback on your paper from an expert in the field, a full paper needs to be sent before October 1, 2022.
Best paper award
If you would like your research to be considered for the best paper award, a full paper needs to be submitted before October 1, 2022.
Criteria for evaluation are: originality, theoretical contribution to the field, appropriate methodological rigour and soundness of data-analysis, practical relevance, quality of writing.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Tilburg in November! For further enquiries, send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tilburg WAOP Conference Committee
- Ivana Vranjes (Social Psychology)
- Djurre Holtrop (Social Psychology)
- Nicoleta Meslec (Organization Studies)
- Ceren Tatarlar (Organization Studies)
- Sasa Batistic (Human Resource Studies)
- Aneeqa Suhail (Human Resource Studies)
- Jolanda Botke (Human Resource Studies)
- Marianne van Woerkom (Human Resource Studies)