Structural Equation Modeling: New Developments and Applications
The goal of this meeting is to bring together methodological and substantive researchers who work on or are interested in working on structural equation modeling (SEM). Researchers will present about new methodological developments, novel applications, or new software packages. There will be various keynote presentations by leading researchers in the world of SEM (see below). Additionally, we invite researchers to submit abstracts to present their research on SEM.
There will also be a poster session. The poster session is aimed specifically at substantive researchers who use SEM in their applications or who wish to use SEM but encounter problems due to the sample size, quality of the data, or the complexity of the model. We encourage the submission of posters that describe these problems or restrictions, such that these posters can serve as starting point for a dialogue between the methodological and substantive participants of the conference.
Abstracts for a presentation or poster should be submitted before May 1, 2020. Please send an email to: email@example.com with the abstract and note whether the submission is for a presentation (in case of more methodological research) or a poster (in case of more substantive research). We will inform you whether your abstract has been accepted before July 1, 2020.
- Prof. Dr. Yves Rosseel (Ghent University): Small sample solutions for SEM
- Prof. Dr. Rens van de Schoot (Utrecht University): A discussion on Approximate Measurement Invariance
- Dr. Suzanne Jak (University of Amsterdam): Current opportunities and challenges in meta-analytic structural equation modeling
- Dr. Rogier Kievit (Cambridge Neuroscience): Attack of the Psychometricians II: They're coming for your brains
- Dr. Daniel Oberski (Utrecht University): SEMs as computation graphs and other useful insights from machine learning.
- Sara van Erp (Utrecht University): Bayesian regularized SEM: What, why, and how?
Structural Equation Modeling with lavaan: Prof. Dr. Yves Rosseel
Bayesian Structural Equation Modeling: Sara van Erp
If you would like to attend the conference, please register before August 26, 2020 via:
The registration fee to attend both conference days, including one of the pre-conference workshops, lunch on both days, and drinks on Wednesday is 20 euros. If you wish to attend the conference dinner on Thursday as well, the registration fee equals 50 euros.
If you have any questions regarding the SEM conference, feel free to contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday 9 September:
10:00-13:00: Pre-conference workshops
16:00-18:00: Posters and drinks
Thursday 10 September: