Agents of Change: Moral Conversion and Social Transformation
International Virtual Conference, Utrecht, NL
Organized by the Franciscan Study Center and the Thomas Institute Utrecht at Tilburg University
- Wednesday 29 June 2022, 15.00-21.00 (CET) / 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (EDT)
- Thursday 30 June 2022, 15.00-21.00 (CET) / 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (EDT)
- Friday 1 July 2022, 15.00-21.00 (CET) / 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (EDT)
- Fr. David B. Couturier OFM. Cap. (St. Bonaventure University)
- Prof. Dr. Angela McKay Knobel (University of Dallas)
- Prof. Dr. Brian Treanor (Loyola Marymount University)
This conference aims to chart the multiform phenomenon of moral conversion in Western society by
- analyzing building blocks, sequences, and variations in ethical instances of profound change of self and identity;
- tracing experiences and events of ethical transformation in various testimonies and fields of human existence; and
- turning the phenomenon of moral conversion into a lens through which to view the dynamics of existential and ethical belief systems.
The conference aims to renew the understanding of the phenomenon by
- studying its impact in the history of Western society; and
- relating it to present discussions on ethical behavior and concern for the common good.