International Career Café: The steps to take to find a job in the Netherlands
International Career Café will be online – Physical event moved online!
How do you start a search year through Tilburg University? What are some of the best practical tips in the search for a job position? Where do Tilburg University alumni work? But most importantly, what questions do you have on top of mind for our panel members?
After three successful online editions, we are ready for the first offline edition of the International Career Café in 'hometown' Tilburg! Student Career Services & Alumni Relations warmly invite you to participate in the inspiring event especially for international students and alumni who aspire a career in the Netherlands. The event will take place online on Thursday evening November 25.
Opening - Build your career on the Dutch labor market
International alumna Letty Zhu shares her own job search journey on the Dutch Labor market. She graduated from Tilburg University in 2012 and has since moved forward on the Dutch labor market. From her own experience, through trial and error, she shares the do's and don'ts and gives her most important tips and tops. She will tell for example about goalsetting, cross cultural awareness, how to separate emotion and rationality and how to continuously develop yourself. Learn and get inspired from this real-life experience!
Alumni Coach Sessions
During this inspiring evening full of meeting people, you will have the opportunity to meet international alumni who have built up a career in the Netherlands. Also (alumni) recruiters from the region will participate. In groups you will participate in different sessions. You can indicate your preference in the registration form. The following topics are covered:
- Dutch language & culture | Diogo Pereira Nunes
- Legislation (visa, search year etc) | Giordano Tuvo
- Work life balance & personal development | Marina Louiza Markatou
- Terms of employment (o.a. salary) & taxation | TBD
- Job search process (how & where to find a job/ internship) | Viktoria Molnar
- Networking & community | Dalija Kolar
- Skills, requirements & personal branding | TBD
- Internships & extra curricular activities | Rohan Krishna
- CV & LinkedIn | Theano Eirini Kakaziani
- Prepare for job interview & assessment | Letty Zhu
Please note: Tilburg University will cover the entire evening and therefore participation is free of charge.