Our Vote in Europe*
Do you know what to vote in the European elections? This debate among several candidate Members of the European Parliament will help you make a choice that suits you. There will be debates on all the main issues that play a role in the elections. (language: English)
Admission is free, doors open from 15:45 hrs. Language: English. See also Facebook.
Election debate #EP2019
Several candidate members of the European Parliament will be debating the main issues that play a role in the European elections. These include immigration, environmental policy, the creation of a European army, tax policy, exit-issues, and so on. The exact topics will be determined shortly before the debate and will reflect current news items and events. Prior to the debate there will be a brief introduction of the workings of the European parliament.
Candidate members of the European Parliament.
Participating political parties and their candidate members are:
- EPP European People’s Party – represented by Caspar Rutten (CDA, NL)
- PES Socialists & Democrats (S&D) – represented by Sham Ahmed (#13 PvdA, NL)
- European Greens – represented by t.b.a. (Groen Links, NL)
- ALDE Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe – represented by t.b.a. (VVD, NL)
- ECPM European Christian Political Movement – represented by Jannes de Jong (#9 CU/SGP, NL)
An update will follow soon on this website.
Moderator is Victor Vlam.
Contact: Has Klerx (Academic Forum)
* This event counts for students Tilburg University towards the Academic Forum Certificate.