Give your entrepreneurial skills a boost in Silicon Valley
Are you an enterprising student and would you like to gain experience in San Francisco at a company or start-up in the Bay Area? Then apply to Internships in the Valley! Internships in the Valley brings companies in San Francisco into contact with enterprising students in the Netherlands. As a partner, Tilburg University encourages entrepreneurship in students.
Master’s and PhD students from all fields of study are welcome to apply. However, it is important that you are:
- an innovative thinker, with a pro-active and can-do attitude;
- interested in entrepreneurship, innovation, data sciences, and/or technology;
- currently enrolled as a Master’s or PhD student at a Dutch university, or you have graduated less than a year ago.
Preference will be given to students with a minimum GPA of 7 or higher and with demonstrable entrepreneurial skills on their resume.
Apply before December 20
Apply through our online form, before December 20. We aim to start the first internships in Spring 2020.
Your application should contain the following documents:
- resume, in the US resume format.
- motivation letter (max. 1 A4) in which you describe your past achievements and ambitions for the future: Why should Bay Area companies hire you?
- transcript of records showing your GPA.
You do not apply for a specific internship. Most companies create an internship position that matches your ambitions. A Talent and Selection Committee will propose the best matching candidates to our internship companies, who make their final decision based on an interview. We are striving to start the first internships in May/June 2020.
Internships in the Valley is a collaboration project of all Dutch universities, the Association of Universities in the Netherlands, and the Royal Netherlands Consulate General in San Francisco. Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Zymergen, Arcadis, DuPont, Chrysalix, Parsley, Atomwise, and Tellus have already signed up as internship companies; more are expected to follow in the coming months.