Wall of Fame Class of 2023 Elections
Who will accompany Maarten Brekelmans, Laura Nunnink, Tommy Mollet, Marcel Balkestein, Dogus Köker, Shona McCallin, Amber Kraak, Bob de Voogd, Maartje Krekelaars, Danielle van de Donk, Jackie Groenen, Frank Rijken, Pepijn Smits, Jordens Peters, Monique van der Lee, Ireen van de Assem, Jens Schuermans, Chilton Galimo, Kirsten van de Ven, Floris Braat, Max Warmerdam, Joeri Bruschinski and Stan Pijnenburg on the Wall of Fame at the Tilburg Sports Center?
Wall of Fame election class of 2022
All (alumnus)students, teachers and other employees of Tilburg University, Avans Hogeschool Tilburg and Fontys Hogeschool Tilburg have the opportunity to cast their vote on two of the nominees for induction in the Wall of Fame at the Tilburg Sports Center.
On the Wall of Fame are student athletes honored that excell in both, academics and sports.
In order to qualify to be nominated the student athletes have to win a National championship, finish in the top 3 at European or World championships, or participate at the (student) Olympic Games. Student athletes can also be nominated when accomplishing great sports achievement that are comparable to the level of the above mentioned accomplishments.
Each year, a maximum of three (alumni)students will be inducted in the Wall of Fame.
You can cast (only) two votes. Any combination of votes is possible (alumni-current student). Received vote ballots with 2 votes for the same nominee will only count as 1 vote.
Voting opens on March 1 at 00:00, and closes on March 31 at 23:59
Rowen VaessenTilburg University
- Bachelor Rechtsgeleerdheid
- Sports: dance (HipHop)
- Club: C-FAM
- Achievements: World- and European Champion
Cindy van der ZandenTilburg University
- Bachelor & Master Psychology and Mental Health
- Sport: Softball
- Club: Olympia
- Selection: Dutch National Team
- Achievements: European Champion 2022, European Clubteam champion 2022, multiple National Champion
Lesley van MiertTilburg University
- Bachelor & Master Social Psychology
- Graduated 2010
- Sport: Track & Field
- Achievements: Multiple National Champion (5K & 3K)
Davy BrandTilburg University
- Master Marketing Management
- Graduated 2017
- Sport: Karate
- Club: Budokai Jan Vleesenbeek
- Achievements: Wereldkampioen, 2-voudig Europees kampioen
Karlijn SwinkelsFontys; Johan Cruijff Academy
- SPECO Sport Marketing
- Sport: Cycling
- Club: Jumbo Visma
- Selection: Jumbo Visma Pro Tour team
- Achievements: several international (multiple stage) events
Alex SupitTilburg University
- Bachelor Psychology
- Graduated: 2022
- Club: TSR Vidar
- Selection: RTC Brabant
- Achievements: Winnaar Henley Women's Regatta 2022