Studium Generale Certificate
Are you student at Tilburg University, and do you want your CV to show how you foster your broad academic curiosity? Convince your future employer of your interest in current themes, surprising perspectives, and in-depth analysis with the Studium Generale Certificate 2020-2021!
- You are a student at Tilburg University.
- Registration via the online form is required for participation in the certificate. New registrations for the season 2020/2021 are not yet possible.
- Attend at least five selected Studium Generale events (marked with an *) within the academic year 2019-2020;
- Register before every event that you attend by showing your University card at the entrance of the event. You are expected to participate in the entire event;
- Report. For each of those five events, write a short text (130-170 words) on what you have learned from the program. (We do not so much want a summary of the event/meeting, but rather your opinion of it. Whether it has made you think. Whether or not it met your expectations and why, etc.)
The complete report - containing all five texts on the events you have selected - needs to be handed in on July 1st, 2020, (before 9:00 am) at the latest, via email@example.com, stating ‘Studium Generale certificate report’. The report has to be formulated in your own words. Cribbing and copied text will not be accepted;
The submitted reports will be assessed at July 15th, 2020, at the latest, after which - in case of a positive assessment - the certificate will be made available as soon as possible.
The certificate is an initiative of Studium Generale (Tilburg University), intended to stimulate a broader awareness and personal development among students of the university. The certificate is not part of the regular curriculum (no credits) but is aimed to complement it by addressing current themes. If the above criteria and conditions are successfully met, a hard copy certificate will be issued at the end of the academic year as proof of your broad academic interest during your studies at Tilburg University. The certificate is free, and so are the events, with a few exceptions.