Studium Generale Certificate
Are you student at Tilburg University, and do you want your CV to show how you foster your broad academic curiosity? Convince your future employer of your interest in current themes, surprising perspectives, and in-depth analysis with the Studium Generale Certificate!
- You are a Tilburg University student.
- Registration via the online form is required for participation in the certificate program.
- Take part in at least five selected Studium Generale events (with the mention of SG-Certificate in the lead text) within the academic year 2022-2023;
- You are expected to participate in the entire event (offline/live-stream) or to watch the whole event (in case a recording is made available online afterwards by Studium Generale).
Please take notice: concerning the recordings, only events from the 2022/2023 academic year (September 2022-June 2023) do count!
- Report. For each of those five events, write a short text (130-170 words) on what you have learned from the program. In what ways has this program broadened your horizon? Has the program made you think more critically and/or changed your mind? Please state how/why. The report has to be formulated in your own words. Cribbing and copied text will not be accepted. The language choice for your report to Dutch and/or English is free.
Your complete report - one document in Word or pdf, containing all five texts on the events you have selected - needs to be handed in on July 1, 2023, (before 9:00 hrs.) at the latest, via the link below.
- The submitted reports will be assessed on July 15, 2023, at the latest, after which - if the assessment is positive - the certificate will be made available as soon as possible.
The certificate is an initiative of Studium Generale (Tilburg University), intended to stimulate a broader awareness and personal development among students of the university. The certificate is not part of the regular curriculum (no credits) but is aimed to complement it. If the above criteria and conditions are successfully met, a hard copy certificate will be issued at the end of the academic year, and you will receive a link to add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile, as proof of your broad academic interest during your studies at Tilburg University. The certificate is free, and so are the events, with a few exceptions.