Science under Pressure | 92nd Dies Natalis
This year, Tilburg University celebrates its 92nd anniversary, its Dies Natalis, on November 21, 2019. The academic ceremony will take place in the Auditorium of the Cobbenhagen Building. This year’s theme is Science under Pressure.
It is important for universities to place Scientific Integrity firmly on the academic agenda. With this year’s Dies Natalis, we hope to inspire the audience to reflect on the importance of Scientific Integrity, and activities that aim at strengthening the credibility of scientific results, the exchange of information, and the quality of research. Within the program, we will underline and elaborate on the efforts of Tilburg University in this area. In addition, we give experts in this field the opportunity to share their findings and developments with you.
Program 15:30 – 17:00 hrs.
With contributions of:
- Professor Klaas Sijtsma, Rector Magnificus
- Dies lecture by Professor Lex Bouter (VU Amsterdam)
- Presentation of honorary doctorates to
- Professor Anita L. Allen, University of Pennsylvania
- Professor John P.A. Ioannidis, Stanford University
- Musical interlude
- Panel discussion with Professor Lex Bouter (VU Amsterdam), Professor Han van der Maas (UvA), Dr. Michèle Nuijten, Professor Klaas Sijtsma, and Anne de Vries- Stotijn LLM. The discussion is led by Paulina Snijders MSc CCP, vice-president and member of the Executive Board
- Awarding Dissertation Prizes
After the ceremony, there will be a reception in the Foyer of the Cobbenhagen Building.
Please let us know whether you will be attending this academic ceremony. We look forward to welcoming you on November 21, 2019.