PhD Defense P.M.E. Bogaert
Supporting Health Information Systems: the European Perspective
Health information systems play a crucial role in responding to population health and health systems’ challenges both at national and European level. This thesis aims to investigate national health information systems and the current EU health information system, and how these systems can be strengthened through a common approach. Three main questions are addressed:
- What is the current status of national health information systems and which elements of the current EU health information system exist?
- What can European collaboration offer to health information and health information systems?
- How can collaboration in health information in the EU be structurally improved?
Based on the main findings, four main areas of action are identified and recommended to be addressed. These are fragmentation, governance aspects, human resources and the European financing mechanism.
- Location: Cobbenhagen building, Portraits room
- Supervisors: Prof. J.A.M. van Oers, Prof. Van Oyen
- Co-supervisor: Dr M. Verschuuren