New science program at Tilburg University: De Tafel van Martinus
On Tuesday, February 23, the first edition will take place of ‘De Tafel van Martinus’: a talk show on Tilburg University’s academic research. Tilburg researchers join for an interview, teach a mini-lecture, or present their opinion in a column. These presentations will be alternated with reports in which a video reporter explores the impact of research on society. Young researchers will also be offered a platform. Every edition will take place at a different location in Tilburg, as soon as this is possible, given the corona crisis, and will be streamed live.
In this first edition, the following topics will be discussed.
- The use of blockchain by the government – interview with legal researchers Jurgen Goossens and Charlotte van Oirsouw
- The impact of corona on refugees – by Mirjam van Reisen, Professor of International Relations, following her research on the subject
- Book Handboek voor de vagebond. In de voetsporen van vrije denkers [Handbook for the Vagabond. In the footsteps of free thinkers] – interview with author Léon Hanssen
- Corona column – by Jan Fransoo, Professor of Operations Management and Logistics
- Game app against needle fear – in the report ‘The Innovators’, our impact reporter pays a visit to the enterprising neuroscientist Elisabeth Huis in ’t Veld.
The show will be presented by Richard Engelfriet, in collaboration with Has Klerx. The language is Dutch.
‘De Tafel van Martinus’ refers to Martinus Cobbenhagen (1893-1954), founding father of Tilburg University. Central to his idea of a university are understanding and contributing to society: that is exactly what the science program ‘De Tafel van Martinus’ is about.
The broadcast can be viewed on February 23, from 16:00 to 17:15 hrs., online via livestream. The link to the livestream can be found at www.tilburguniversity.edu/nl/campus/studium-generale/tafel-van-martinus. As soon as conditions allow, the talk show will take place on location in Tilburg with an audience.
Note to editors
For more information, please go to https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/nl/campus/studium-generale/tafel-van-martinus or contact Has Klerx, H.R.L.J.A.C.Klerx@tilburguniversity.edu, phone (+31) (0)13 466 2082.